Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Missed miscarriage Lock Rss

I lost my much loved baby on saturday. After having two beautiful babies before I thought that a symptomless pregnancy would be a breeze. I never knew that it would turn into my nightmare. And it is, as there was no warning i had lost my baby just bleeding at 20 weeks. when the hospital sonographer confirmed we had lost our baby at 14 weeks my world fell apart. But the worst was yet to come when they told me I would have to endure labour as well as a possible D&C (which did happen). The pain in my heart is like none I have ever known. I just want to feel normal again.

I lost my much loved baby on saturday. After having two beautiful babies before I thought that a symptomless pregnancy would be a breeze. I never knew that it would turn into my nightmare. And it is, as there was no warning i had lost my baby just bleeding at 20 weeks. when the hospital sonographer confirmed we had lost our baby at 14 weeks my world fell apart. But the worst was yet to come when they told me I would have to endure labour as well as a possible D&C (which did happen). The pain in my heart is like none I have ever known. I just want to feel normal again.

I am so sorry for your loss, there is nothing I can say but I am thinking of you.

look after yourself xxx

Hamish & Harrison "together forever"

It would be a heavy load to carry on ones heart.
My SIL lost there bub at birth at 23 weeks gestation they had his funeral a couple of weeks ago and it was so sad to go to.
The service was a celebration of his short life and they talked about that its good to talk about him and that it alright to talk about him cause it keeps his memory alive. although your baby passed away very early you should name him/her cause your baby was your baby and very much apart of both of you.
Your babies memory will never leave you and he will be watching over you.
GBH
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my baby girl at 18 weeks the day after you posted your loss, and our anniversary was the 22 June 2010. Everyday I think of her, and the torment of losing her. My obst was partially responsible for not picking up some symptoms earlier of a possible miscarriage. I now see another obs/gyno who highlighted this for me and was full of apologies on my first appointment with him. Basically what he said in follow up tests was THIS SHOULD HAVE been avoided. I had to have another D&C 7 weeks after my miscarriage as my previous obs left conceptual matter bebind, to me he should not be practising but I'm told 1 in 10 hospital patients are misdiagnosed.
All I can say is that I feel your pain, nothing anyone can do or say will bring your little baby back. I know my little girl is with my grandmother in heaven, and occasionally rides my horse we had to have put down a few weeks back. Give yourself time to grieve, give yourself a hug and know that your baby loves you.
Hi

So sorry for all of you. Cannot imagine what trauma & pain you & your partners have been or are going through.

Be kind to yoruselves & take plenty of time to grieve.

Big hugs to you all.
Really sorry to hear what you are going thru. As I am typing I am crying. I went thru the same thing. I was 17 weeks when my midwife couldnt find a heartbeat. And baby had left us at 15weeks. We were very devasted. Hope things get better. For me and for everyone else that has had a loss. It also dosnt help that everyone sez they had high hopes. As if I didnt. Makes me feel like a failure. I have just lost my bubba and tommorow we bury her. Not a good week for me. A bit too much to bear.
so sorry you didnt get to meet your new addition my sil recently lost her baby as well she was 20 weeks however the baby was only about the size of a 14 week old baby its so heart breaking we were just getting excited about another baby when it said goodbye ! hope you have a lot of love and support! i know of 3 people around me that have lost a baby recently must be something in the air ! its so not fair !

good luck xxx

MUM TO RJ 28 10 03 & EJ 23 07 06

Wow, this is a really hard topic. Its been nearly 10 years since I lost my baby and im almost in tears reading the stories. This is the first time I have heard of more than two others that have gone thru the same experience.
I was 19-20 weeks in when a heartbeat couldnt be found and we found out that Jesse had died at 16 wks. So I had to do an induction and give birth. I buried my baby with my grandparents. I asked for emotional help at the time but was told that I was kind of in no-mans-land it wasnt a miss-carraige and wasnt a stillborn, so I didnt get any, it was too hard. I would say in hindsight to anyone going thru this experience it does get easier eventually, but the baby remains part of your family. Make sure you get the help you need to grieve for your child because it is such a hard thing to go through, and I wish I didnt have to do it alone. Dont let people put a time limit on your grief, I cryed every day for 2-3 years, eventually I stopped but I often think of my lost baby. Now my children know about Jesse,I took my 9yr old to the grave and told her and she told my 6yr old. They now talk about Jesse often,they are never sad they just like to talk about how special he/she is.My heart goes out to the lady who wrote the post and to the ladies who have answered and are going thru the same thing. I really hope that things get better for all of you soon and remember there isnt a wrong way to grieve, you will come out the other end.

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

so sorry for your loss,

i also lost my baby she was born 20.7.2000 16 weeks pregnant

i miss her always remember her i love her so much

thinking of you both & i will pray for you both

please take care of yourself & your partner
OMG my heart goes out to you. I also had a missed misscarriage and the hardest thing I found was when I became pregnant again. I was unable to truely relax and fall in love with my baby because of the constant fear that he was dead inside me and I didnt know. I started to relax after the 20 week ultrasound, but everyday I wake with baited breathe....will he kick today. I never comprehended the mental stress that losing a baby causes I aways thought it would be emotional. To all those mothers with angels, they came to us for a lesson that they learnt and moved on from. Remember, love and know that they chose you for a reason xxxx wub
HillsBabies you are so right! I too lost a little man 2 yrs ago. Went for 20 week scan at 21 weeks to be told no heartbeat. Was induced, delivered bub and then was rushed into surgery to stop bleeding. Bub had died 2/5 weeks earlier.

2 yrs on and I now have 3 month old twins (boy girl), I give my little man an extra kiss each day. The pregnancy almost killed me, the constant stress of wondering are they ok, am I misinterpting kicks and really they are dead caused my blood pressure to rise but my ob was wonderful and took great care of all 3 of us.

to all the ladies here, I understand the ache in your heart, and it took me almost a yr before I could except what had happened to us. The ache is still here and will be until the day I die, but with time, great support and Kleenex you will get through this. Time doesn't heal this just takes the edge off your pain.

hugs to all

Ally & Amelia (May 10th, 2006)

I am so so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage also, but not so far in to pregnancy. I no it is hard to think it will happen right now, but each day will get a little better as time goes on.
My thoughts are with you, try and keep your chin up smile
Sign in to follow this topic