Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

how long after a curette Rss

can u start trying.......i have some conflicting information......they say if u have no complications and no heavy bleeding......u can ovulate two to four weeks after........so that means u can try....but is it safe.......i want to try as soon as possible.....my ob said as soon as three weeks.........so does that mean before my next period.....think i might get some ovulation kits just so i know when im ovulating

Hey before I had my daughter I had a miscarriage and had to have a curette, they told me 3 weeks aswell though I was pregnant again that year 3 months after I had the curette. Just give a couple of wks then hopefully you will have the same happen to you. Hope all goes well..
hey - i had a mc almost two years ago now - sorry about my ignorance but i don;t even know what a curette is, but i mc at 6 weeks but didn;t know til 10wks, and i just decided to let it naturally go... i got preg 4 weeks later (2 weeks after i stopped bleeding) and now have a healthy little 1yr old boy...
good luck.. my mid wife said to me to ignore all the theories on waiting or not, and do what i needed to do - i needed to get preg again, so i did..
i just had a miss carrage 5 days ago, and only had a currett (if thats how you spell it) last night. im still a little sore but not sure if i want to have another baby, mainly cause i dont want to go through what i went through last night. did any of you have that fear when you found out you were pregnant again??

<a href=

baby - i was terrified when i found out i was preg - cause it had bee nsuch pain both physically and emotionally - for me i just had to try not to think about it - because it does your head in - but just think about the goal - having a baby - if that is still what you really want then focus on that...
[quote name='Haleydaryl' date='28 July 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1280350304' post='2760469'] hey - i had a mc almost two years ago now - sorry about my ignorance but i don;t even know what a curette is, but i mc at 6 weeks but didn;t know til 10wks, and i just decided to let it naturally go... i got preg 4 weeks later (2 weeks after i stopped bleeding) and now have a healthy little 1yr old boy... good luck.. my mid wife said to me to ignore all the theories on waiting or not, and do what i needed to do - i needed to get preg again, so i did.. [/quote a curette is bascially were they do surgery to take the baby out rather than miscarrying on ur own. Or taking anything out that left over i am really scared about having another miscarriage but to heal i think i need to grieve and try for another baby....and pray and hope that it wont happen again......i dont want to give up on having another baby.....

hey mellygrub

my friend who had a curette at 10 weeks was told 3mths but that was almost 3 years ago and actually without actively trying she was pregnant again within 2 cycles. It was emotionally hard on her when she found out the second time because she had convinced herself she wasnt going to be able to for some reason so the hardest thing was getting her head around it all again.

when I had my miscarriage (no curette) about 10mths ago they said you should skip one period before trying again. I didnt want to wait but my body decided that for me anyway and it took 2 cycles.

I think though it will happen when your body is ready for it - im sure if you asked 3 or 4 different drs they would all give different answers.
Hi, I just had a miscarriage removed last night by d&c, I should've been 11 weeks, but after bleeding on and off over 2 days I went to emergency and was told i lost my little one at around 7 weeks. The ob/gyni told me I'd bleed for a couple of weeks after d&c, yet I've had no bleeding at all...is this normal or could something be wrong? I have no pain, I just feel empty.
I have just found out today that I've lost my baby at 8 weeks. It stopped growing this week sometime. I am waiting to hear back if I will have a curette tonight or next week.
Usually they ask to let one cycle go past first and go from there. I have had a natural miscarriage before (no intervention) and was pregnant again within a couple of weeks. I think as soon as your hcg levels go down, you should ovulate 2 weeks later.

Hi girls
I have never been in a forum before but I was google searching for answers and it led me here.

I had a curette a week and a half ago. How do u describe what a miscarriage feels like to family and friends who havent had one? Our baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and we found out at 9 weeks.
I am like most of u. Trying again. I wasnt told when I could start trying again, just that it may not work for at least a month once the body returns to normal.

My worry tonight is that I have just started bleeding as I got home from work just now. I thought if I had any it would have been straight after or a day after. Not almost 2 weeks after.
Has anyone experienced similar?
Thank you Little Miss' s.

Thank you to all of you- reading this helps with feeling less alone. smile
Hello there. Hope you are good. I am so sorry to read about your situation. Yes you can try but it is better to consult a doctor first. Have you consulted a doctor? I am sure they can check you up and then give you the “go” signal. It is said that after this process; you must wait for at least 2 menstrual cycles. This way; your body will be back to its normal form and will be ready to conceive. Wish all the best to you! Clair ..
Sign in to follow this topic