Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Just had to get it out.. Rss

I have a son named noah who was born still on the 21.09.2010 at 40+2
I received his autopsy report last week, nothing found no cause of death.
I spoke to my doctor who was going over the report with me and he said somtimes this just happens. I thought we would have at least had an answer as to why this happened. I asked if we were to have another would this happen again and all he said was probably not!!
My husband and i spoke last night about trying for another baby, but i coudn't help but feel a huge amount of guilt, i don't want to replace my son and i no thats what some people will think, i just wan't a chance to be a mother again.
I love my son with all my heart but i don't wan't to move on too soon..
I feel as though im getting better and im starting to laugh again and im able to hold a conversation without breaking down.
Im not sure what to do i feel ready to try again and i so badly just want a child to show love to.

Sory no need to reply i just felt like writing this down. thanks for reading

I have a son named noah who was born still on the 21.09.2010 at 40+2
I received his autopsy report last week, nothing found no cause of death.
I spoke to my doctor who was going over the report with me and he said somtimes this just happens. I thought we would have at least had an answer as to why this happened. I asked if we were to have another would this happen again and all he said was probably not!!
My husband and i spoke last night about trying for another baby, but i coudn't help but feel a huge amount of guilt, i don't want to replace my son and i no thats what some people will think, i just wan't a chance to be a mother again.
I love my son with all my heart but i don't wan't to move on too soon..
I feel as though im getting better and im starting to laugh again and im able to hold a conversation without breaking down.
Im not sure what to do i feel ready to try again and i so badly just want a child to show love to.

Sory no need to reply i just felt like writing this down. thanks for reading

GBH, I'm sorry for your loss!

First of all dont feel guilty. You will never replace your son and if thats what people think the screw 'em. If you and your DH are ready to TTC again then why not?! You can have love for more than one child so what is the difference in this case? I havent been in your situation, but I'm sure you will have bittersweet days and sad days and of course more happy days than the sad ones. Maybe talk to your Dr or counsellor (if you are seeing one) or a close family member about your feelings of having another child.

I really hope that you will get your wish of another baby when you ready grin

GBH, I'm sorry for your loss!

First of all dont feel guilty. You will never replace your son and if thats what people think the screw 'em. If you and your DH are ready to TTC again then why not?! You can have love for more than one child so what is the difference in this case? I havent been in your situation, but I'm sure you will have bittersweet days and sad days and of course more happy days than the sad ones. Maybe talk to your Dr or counsellor (if you are seeing one) or a close family member about your feelings of having another child.

I really hope that you will get your wish of another baby when you ready grin

Thank you

I think we are ready to start ttc, my dh seems excited about it and i am excited too. its only when i look back on photos thats its still raw and then im not sure, i think mainly because i don't want to loose another child.
We are seeing our counsellor this afternoon so we will talk to him and see how emotionally ready he think we would be.
Im still sad and upset every day but not as bad as i was, i use to wish that i had died with my son. And for the last few weeks i havn't had that feeling.
I have great support around me i spoke to my friend and she is thrilled and excited for us.
My parents live 8 hours away but are moving down here in 3 weeks time.
Hello im so sorry to hear your story,my sister gave birth to her beautiful daughter at 40 weeks she was born sleeping and like you there was no reason why one doctor did say to her that sometimes its like sids but in the womb i dont know how true that is she didnt really look into cos they didnt know much, she has a little boy who is 7 its been 3 years know and she is starting to try again,i think everyone is different you know when your ready, it happened to my mums friend in the same year and she tried straight away and it has helped her,my sister as you would be is just so scared i wish you all the best and kiss for your little angel.
Sign in to follow this topic