Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Anyone lost a twin or triplet Lock Rss

Hey all
Is there anyone else out there who has fallen pregnant with more than one baby and lost one or more?
I had triplets in the beginning and lost my third baby I went on to have twins who are healthy and happy babies but I can't stop thinking of what would of been.
People aren't that kind about it either there all like aren't you in a sense relieved you lost the triplet imagine the work load and it hurts because no I am not glad I lost it because it was my son or daughter that would of been loved just as much as I love my three in my life I don't really have any one who understands because I did go on to carry two healthy babies and they don't see it as I suppose a real miscarriage because I was still pregnant with two. I no there are other women who loose there entire pregnancies and my heart goes out to them all. I still yearn for my lost child I lost it at the end of first trimester. Thanks for reading my postxx
DDs brother became an angel at 18weeks, we nearly lost her too.
it is over a year since we lost him, and not any easier.

Hey all
Is there anyone else out there who has fallen pregnant with more than one baby and lost one or more?
I had triplets in the beginning and lost my third baby I went on to have twins who are healthy and happy babies but I can't stop thinking of what would of been.
People aren't that kind about it either there all like aren't you in a sense relieved you lost the triplet imagine the work load and it hurts because no I am not glad I lost it because it was my son or daughter that would of been loved just as much as I love my three in my life I don't really have any one who understands because I did go on to carry two healthy babies and they don't see it as I suppose a real miscarriage because I was still pregnant with two. I no there are other women who loose there entire pregnancies and my heart goes out to them all. I still yearn for my lost child I lost it at the end of first trimester. Thanks for reading my postxx

Thats so heartbreaking sad
I have no idea how someone could ask you arent you relieved it didnt survive because of the hard work with triplets etc, thats horrible!
I cant relate to your story as I have never had a miscarriage before. However when my Mum was pregnant with my sister she was carrying triplets and my sister was the only one to survive. She was 6 wks prem and was a really sick baby, so she was lucky to survive.
Best of luck in finding some peace, knowing your little one is up there in the clouds! xx

You grieve as much as your heart has too.
And dont listen to others.
Your lost baby will always live on in your heart, dont ever blow out that beautiful little candle..
You all are very sweet and brought a tear to my eyexxx
Trishalishous Gbh to you that would of been so hard.
I will forever remember my dd or ds I too wish people would understand how it does hurt still and thank you all again for your kind words you make it feel acceptable to still be grieving.

Hey all

Luke & ~Rhiarna~ 13.05.04 & Ryan 26.03.07

Hi I am a mother of twins (one I hold in my arms and the other in my heart).

I lost my twin girl (Rhiarna) and delivered my beautiful son (Luke) at 33 weeks. My Survivor is now turning 7 but it seems just like yesterday I held my little girl in my arms.

Not a day goes by without her crossing my thoughts. I suppose for us twin/triplet loss is we are reminded every single day when we look into our childs eyes.

Remember you are a mother of 3 no matter what.

Take care.
Joey

Luke & ~Rhiarna~ 13.05.04 & Ryan 26.03.07

Thank you joey0504
I am so sorry for your losexxx
Your words mean a lot to me it's nice having people like yourself out in the world that even threw there pain and comfort others
Thank you
I am so sorry for the loss of your little one, I lost a twin with my 2nd pregnancy, the difference for me though was that I did not know until I was 20 wks that I had in fact conceived twins and lost one around 8 wks ..... it was a strange feeling as I hadn't actually known about it I wasn't totally heartbroken though still disapointed and yes I definitely wondered what could have been.... BUT as I only had 22 mths between my 1st two everyone made such comments as Oh thank goodness they didn't both survive, what a handful... and then when I had DD, she was/still is a very boisterous girl (now nearly 5) and I am amazed I STILL get comments about it.... if I ever complain to mum that she is being a handful she will say oh I bet you are glad you didn't have twins now.... I would not have minded twins at all!!! Whilst I am happy with her and glad she is happy healthy etc I do still sometimes wonder what it would have been like having amother one of her
I fell pregnant naturally with quads. 1 fraternal and triplets.
My son is the only surviving triplet. He was born at 35 weeks with a bi lateral cleft palate so he was a special needs baby.
I received and still do receive many comments of shock or disbelief and 1 from my sister inlaw telling me it was impossible to fall pregnant with quads naturally! Its not when you ovulate 2 eggs at once. I would have had 5 children under 2 1/2, so there are also the comments of relief that there weren't 4.
I may be unusual but after such a complicated pregnancy and birth, I don't really think about the other babies which we lost by 8 weeks.
My son is now 7 and he has 3 very distinct personalities and we often joke that we have all 3 in one little boy.
I feel with twins with my first pregnancy, although didnt know that we had concieved twins until i gave birth to our DS. It wasnt until the midwives were looking at the placenta that they picked it up. We both felt really strange about it for quite some time & i often think about what could have been now - DS is 12 now. I wish that they had never of told us.
It is like a double edged sword, on one side so overjoyed at the birth of your new baby (babies), but on the other side, a harsh reminder that someone is actually missing.
I had a scan on friday at 8 weeks only to find there are 2 gestational sacs but only one has a baby in it, still waitingv ot hear from the doctor but expect it was probably a twin :S
GVery strangve as for weeks when i first found out i was pregvnant i had dreams about twins, DF thougvht I was nuts as there is no family history. but yeah maybe there was somethingv to them :S!

Little bub that is in there is doing well so far but they hagve said it will be a high risk pregnancy and i will need extra monitoring.

I definately think you should grieve and feel howegver you need to feel! I will probably never know if mine was infact a twin or it was maybe a blighted ovum or something.. will always wonder im sure!

Sign in to follow this topic