Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. No heartbeat and slight bleeding

No heartbeat and slight bleeding Lock Rss

Im in my first pregnancy and I am a bit frightned after my first scan yesterday, my DR sent me to an early one as I have had very light bleeding in the last couple of days (only in mucus and mostly brown blood) and I was not sure of my dates.

I thought I was 8 weeks, but the scan has put me at 6w1d which I thought was quite a difference, also there was no heartbeat (it was an internal ultrasound as I have a tilted uterus so nothing picked up on the abdominal scan)

Im now being told to prepare myself for a possible missed miscarriage which is quite terrifying. My DR tested my HCG today which he said was high for 6 weeks but low for 8 and now we have to play the waiting game to see if my dates are wrong, but the lack of heartbeat has really got me worried.

Im just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of experience I know each one is different but I would really like to think that there is still some hope left!
Hi, I went 4 a scan at what My doc thought was about 6-7 weeks, I also have a tilted uterus and had an internal, anyway they couldn't find a heart beat but she said she thinks im only just over 5 weeks so Im going back in 2 weeks well a week now that was last week, as 4 bleeding I have had a little bleeding after sex but that happened with my 1st bub who is now 14months, I'm not much help but in the same boat just waiting!!!
hi there,
i have a retroverted uterus and went for a dating scan at 6 weeks and was able to get a heartbeat through an internal scan.
I hope for your sake it all turns out fine.
Good luck
My experience is a little different I went for my first at 6 weeks and found out I was having triplets but one baby was measuring the same as the other two but didn't have a heart beat they said I should come back in two weeks when they all were bigger I had cramping in the mean time and when I went back the triplet was gone my body absorbed it. I didn't bleed though I pray everything will turn out ok xxx

Im in my first pregnancy and I am a bit frightned after my first scan yesterday, my DR sent me to an early one as I have had very light bleeding in the last couple of days (only in mucus and mostly brown blood) and I was not sure of my dates.

I thought I was 8 weeks, but the scan has put me at 6w1d which I thought was quite a difference, also there was no heartbeat (it was an internal ultrasound as I have a tilted uterus so nothing picked up on the abdominal scan)

Im now being told to prepare myself for a possible missed miscarriage which is quite terrifying. My DR tested my HCG today which he said was high for 6 weeks but low for 8 and now we have to play the waiting game to see if my dates are wrong, but the lack of heartbeat has really got me worried.

Im just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of experience I know each one is different but I would really like to think that there is still some hope left!

Hi, I have a normal uterus and had an internal scan at 6w3d (and was absolutely positive of my dates), which showed no heart beat, I got told to come back in a week and that it didn't look good. I started spotting pink about 3 days later, went in for another scan and there was the heartbeat! I spotted on and off, pink, red and brown until 14 weeks. My little girl is now 2 months old and perfect smile

I think there are a lot of variables on those really early scans- position, age of the machine, etc. Plus even 1 day can make a lot of difference at that stage. I really hope everything works out for you, good luck smile
sometimes there is no heart beat until later........

don't do anymore internal scans especially if you are bleeding.... just wait a couple of weeks and go back and see whats in there.....everything will be bigger..
Sign in to follow this topic