Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Angel Baby Lock Rss

well here is what happened.
Last friday 3/3/11 i went for my routine morphology ultrasound with my husband. we were both excited to find out the sex of our baby as we had a feeling we were having a girl, after having two boys.
When we went in, the sonographer was making strange facial movements but i didnt think anything of it until i looked at the screen and noticed there was no heartbeat. I asked her if everything was ok and she started crying, saying "im so sorry, something hasnt gone right for you" i looked at my husband who was blank of emotion. last weekend we went to the hospital and they arranged for us to come back on monday 7/3/11 for an induction. i was 19 weeks and 2 days. everyone kept saying how lucky i was that i wasnt 5 days further along because i would have to arrange a funeral and register the birth. after a 17 hour labour, i gave birth to a baby girl on Tuesday 8.3.11 at 0200am. we named her Bella. we decided to agree to the post-mortem in an attempt to find out what went wrong.

Has anyone ever had this experience, and did you get any answers from the post-mortem?
So sorry to read of the loss of your precious Bella.

I have not been through this sad experience hun. Just wanted to reply & send you huge hugs.

Condolences to you, your husband & children at this hard time.

xxxxx
A friend of mine did she had tangled herself in the cord. but you can still have a wee funeral for your beautiful little baby... don't be put off by peoples comments they think they are helping.... at our cememtry their is a wailing wall for babies lost in the womb..... you may like to think of something like that.... our friends donated a park seat at the local park so every time they go to the park it is there for them to sit on and others to remember their wee girl.

so sorry to hear about your baby, make sure you get her back to bury her.

not sure what else to say but sad to hear your news.
Thank you. I will get her back and have her cremated. everyone is sweeping it under the rug. i just got home from hospital yesterday and the only person who left a small sympathy card was my LANDLORD.....
I don't have any experience but I wanted to send you my condolences.. I can't imagine what you and your husband are going through and I wish you all the best in the future.

R.I.P tiny Bella x
Thank you so much

I just shed my first tear after reading your post

xx
Hello im so sorry you lost your little girl,no one should have to walk out of hospital without there little one in there arms, thats was the hardest thing for my sister leaving without her little girl,my sister went for her 39 weeks check up thinking this was the last check up before tiana will be here but no her world stood still, they could not find her heart beat,we got no reason why but a doctor told her it could be some sort of sids in the womb,the pain never goes but it does get a little easy as time goes on.
Maybe you could plant a tree or a plant for her, i dont know how my sister gave birth to her knowing what the outcome was i meet my beautiful niece and rock her like she was with us alive, i hope you have someone to talk to even if its just you and your husband sorry to hear your story you dont know how many women it happens too until its happen to you xoxoxo

Hello im so sorry you lost your little girl,no one should have to walk out of hospital without there little one in there arms, thats was the hardest thing for my sister leaving without her little girl,my sister went for her 39 weeks check up thinking this was the last check up before tiana will be here but no her world stood still, they could not find her heart beat,we got no reason why but a doctor told her it could be some sort of sids in the womb,the pain never goes but it does get a little easy as time goes on.
Maybe you could plant a tree or a plant for her, i dont know how my sister gave birth to her knowing what the outcome was i meet my beautiful niece and rock her like she was with us alive, i hope you have someone to talk to even if its just you and your husband sorry to hear your story you dont know how many women it happens too until its happen to you xoxoxo
Thank you Bindy,
That is true, the worst thing is leaving with empty arms. it just isnt right. As a nurse i have seen patients go through this but it just doesnt prepare you. When it is you who walks in to the maternity ward with your pregnant belly and walk out without a baby, a belly or any recognition of life it just leaves you literally empty. I have been doing some research and i have found a charity called Bears of Hope which i think is a lovely idea, they give some hospitals teddy's in memory of a baby to give to mothers who have lost their baby.
gosh, GBH to you and your family, my heart is just breaking for you! My little boy passed from SIDS at 10weeks old and i consider myself lucky to have had 10 weeks with him, No-one should have empty arms from being pregnant to suddenly not.... i would say if you can do something to celebrate or remember baby bella - it helps to ease some of the numbness..... i think there is website where you can get a 'birth certicate' done for baby, every child deserves a birth cert. Big hugs, keep talking and gosh i just dont know what to say sad
So Sorry for your loss. RIP little Bella. She mattered because she did exist and still does in yours and your husbands hearts.

i think my emotions are running rampant this week. i was holding it together really well until the last few days. i am falling apart but i think "talking" about it with other women on this forum is really helping me to come to terms with everything.
thank you to everyone for responding. it is comforting knowing that someone cares
Sign in to follow this topic