Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

possible miscarriage Lock Rss

I have posted my story in general discussion too but just need all the support i can get.
I found out i was pregnant a week ago after a blood and urine test and as i had no idea how far i was, my dr sent me to have an ultrasound. They found nothing on the ultrasound except a thickened uterus. nothing else. No sac or anything. I went back to the dr today as i was hoping maybe my dates were just wrong but the conclusion of the ultrasound was basically that i am going to have a miscarriage and to expect it within 5 days. the dr also tested my HCG levels and it was 785. I have absoultley no idea what is going on. really wish i had never had my ultrasound, as then i wouldnt have been told to expect a miscarriage.
I feel as if i am just sitting around waiting for the miscarriage to happen. I havent had any pain or bleeding at all but feel as if i am going to the loo every 5 mins to check (sorry if tmi)
just feel so lost. i wanted this baby so much and feel as if no one understands how i realy feel. Sorry for the long post sad
Maybe you should get a second opinion with the ultrasound? then maybe that'll put your mind at rest?

Ive never gone through what you're going through so i cant say i know how you feel. But i can imagine though.

I know it'll be hard to wait. but maybe you'll just have too.

You should get a second opinion, i would.

The very best of luck for you.
How many weeks are you suppose to be? I am in early pregnancy myself right now and don't know my dates, so will have to have a dating scan at around 6 weeks time. My doctor said that my HcG level has to be over 1500 which according to them around 6 week before there is any point of doing US otherwise there is nothing to see before that.

I am not sure how true that is, but maybe do look for second opinion?
i have no idea how many weeks i would be. i was on the pill when i fell pregnant and my period was due 5 weeks ago. THe dr said with a hcg of 785 it would put me at 3-4 weeks pregnant, which would prob be about right, give or take a few days. I have to have my hcg checked again tomorrow to see if it has gone up or down. And i have an appt with a gynae on monday so will hopefully know some more by then.
I just feel helpless, this baby wasnt planned at all and i was in total shock when i found out but then got extremely happy and excited to become a mum again and i really dont want to lose it. I am trying to think positive and going with the whole "whatver happens was meant to be" theory but it really isnt helping.
what happens during a miscarriage? would i just start bleeding or what? i have no idea and my dr didnt tell me what to expect at all.

i would also suggest not even thinking about an ultrasound until you are at least 8 weeks pregnant as they are really hard to note anything, it also depends on the skill of the sonographer and the equipment avaliable, did they do internal ultrasound?

yes the lady did do an internal ultrasound and the only comment she made was that my uterus was thickened but thats all. also can an ultrasound tell your hcg levels?

i would also suggest not even thinking about an ultrasound until you are at least 8 weeks pregnant as they are really hard to note anything, it also depends on the skill of the sonographer and the equipment avaliable, did they do internal ultrasound?

yes the lady did do an internal ultrasound and the only comment she made was that my uterus was thickened but thats all. also can an ultrasound tell your hcg levels?
Sign in to follow this topic