Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Birth of a late miscarriage Rss

Has anyone had a late miscarriage or a twin that passed away in the second trimester and had to give birth to the deceased baby?

/url

Has anyone had a late miscarriage or a twin that passed away in the second trimester and had to give birth to the deceased baby?

Yes, I found out at our 19 week scan that our baby boy had passed away at 17 weeks. I went into hospital and gave birth to him the next day.

Happy to answer any questions. It was a sad tine but the hospital staff were wonderful
I also gave birth at 19 weeks after my 18 week scan revealed our baby had passed away at around the 17-18 week mark. The doctors wanted me to let nature take it's course but it seemed that wasn't going to happen so I was induced.

I have also had to be induced and give birth to my baby.
If you need any questions answered or support I am always here smile

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Thankyou for all your replies.
I posted this on behalf of my sister who is currently 27wks pregnant (with twins). She lost one of her identical twin boys at 19wks and he has to remain inside her until she births the healthy baby. As the birth gets closer she is becoming quiet anxious of not knowing what to expect and what her passed away son is going to look like. I understand this is a sensitive topic but if anyone can pass on some info on what to expect would be great. Thankyou again.

/url

Yes i did. I was pregnant with twins, lost the first twin at about 10w and sadly the other twin at 19w 5d. My waters had broke overnight and I went into hospital after my ob had checked me, there was nothing we could do. I gave birth to our little boy naturally whom we named Jack.

I wish your sister all the best x

Thankyou for all your replies.
I posted this on behalf of my sister who is currently 27wks pregnant (with twins). She lost one of her identical twin boys at 19wks and he has to remain inside her until she births the healthy baby. As the birth gets closer she is becoming quiet anxious of not knowing what to expect and what her passed away son is going to look like. I understand this is a sensitive topic but if anyone can pass on some info on what to expect would be great. Thankyou again.

That's a really hard situation. I really feel for your sister. I'm not sure what her passd away son would look like. It would definitely be something to ask the drs though. Our son was delivered two weeks after he had passed away and we decided not to see him as we were told that we couldn't hold him as he was too fragile. We were given photos of him though and he looked like a normal baby just very red, I guess his skin wasn't as thick as fully formed babies.

It would definately be a good idea to ask one of the drs, they would know and be able to prepare your sister. Hopefully she'll have a beautiful healthy boy as well and that will lessen any distress that she might be in
Sign in to follow this topic