Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Do you buy or did you receive a gift after a D&C?

Do you buy or did you receive a gift after a D&C? Rss

I was given flowers after a m/c, was a nice gesture. Only thing was that when they died I thought - they died, like my baby sad

Maybe a nice little teddy, to symbolise their baby?

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

A journal, chocolates and a candle.
I actually don't think flowers are a good gift for something that's traumatic. To me flowers should be for positive experiences, I don't know why... but I'd not like it at all. The next time I recieved flowers it would remind me of that horrible time of life.

Hubby buys me massage or beauty vouchers when he buys me a gift, it's something that's ALWAYS appreciated!

I like the teddy idea too.

I got flowers too after my miscarriage/d&c - I too hated the thought of them dying.
But, I also got a box of choccies off my fantastic uncle, a cd I'd been wanting off my beautiful lil sis and a red teddy bear off my very supportive husband (we'd only been together for 4mth then).

I love my teddy bear, it sits in my room, and every time I look at it I think of my angel baby - I even named the bear, Ruby.
I agree the teddy is a wonderful keep sake for them to have something to hold onto! I hate getting flowers because they die and at a time like this i could understand it may be a bit harder!!
So sorry to hear that and i hope that they have better luck in the future!!

I actually don't think flowers are a good gift for something that's traumatic. To me flowers should be for positive experiences, I don't know why... but I'd not like it at all. The next time I recieved flowers it would remind me of that horrible time of life.

Hubby buys me massage or beauty vouchers when he buys me a gift, it's something that's ALWAYS appreciated!

I like the teddy idea too.

I agree, I don't like flowers for sad times!! The thought is nice but they just hang around as a reminder.......

I have had 2 recent losses and have been for a massage a few weeks after both, I would have LOVED a voucher for this. Massage/pedicure/reflexology etc. Chocolate was also great to get.

Personally I would not have wanted a teddy but that might just be me.

I was given a little angel pendant with a lovely little saying on the card it comes on. It's symbolic but small and I can keep it in my room just for me. I love it. They sell them in little gift shops and news agencies.

I love this idea.

I was given a little crystal angel that I have hanging in my kitchen window, when the light catches it it reminds me of my lost little ones. It has a tiny engraving on the bottom of it that says:

An Angel from the Book of Life
Wrote down my baby's birth,
And whispered as she closed the book
"Too Beautiful for Earth"

It was given to me by a friend who had also lost a baby. It was a simple gift that meant a lot to me.

I was given a little crystal angel that I have hanging in my kitchen window, when the light catches it it reminds me of my lost little ones. It has a tiny engraving on the bottom of it that says:

An Angel from the Book of Life
Wrote down my baby's birth,
And whispered as she closed the book
"Too Beautiful for Earth"

It was given to me by a friend who had also lost a baby. It was a simple gift that meant a lot to me.

That's really beautiful, I felt teary reading that.

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

i have had 3 m/c and recieved flowers after 2 of them (3rd one nobody knew) and as beautiful as the flowers were i HATED them. I dont even know why i didnt like them but the thought of having to clean them up after they died was horrific. i think the massage idea is wonderful!!!

Scarlett 19/01/06. Hamish 16/07/07. Isla 05/02/13.

I think it's a really nice gesture to get something small for her, just to show she is cared for and thought of.

I was given a house plant which I really appreciated. I'm not really one for plants, but I managed to keep it alive. It's got white flowers, I think it's called a cyclamin. Very easy to care for.

Another friend gave me an angel ornament with little crystals all over it which I have hung in my baby's room, so that we can remember our Angel baby too.

My DH bought me an angel for on my pandora bracelet.

There is also a place called little angel memory boxes where you can get memory boxes their website is www.littleamb.org.au/ and you can pick for a boy or a girl or unisex and what gestation so that it is more appropriate for their situation

Each Memory Box includes:

*Teddy
*Memorial Seeds
*Candle
*Knitted blanket or Baby Wrap
*LAMB Keepsake Journal- which includes space for parents to record some of their child most precious memories, including hand and foot prints, photos, poems, hospital cards and other special memories.
*Information about creating those final precious moments
Sign in to follow this topic