Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. Advice needed please bleeding at 5ish weeks

Advice needed please bleeding at 5ish weeks Lock Rss

Hi all, I'm a bit of a mess right now. I'm approx 5 weeks pregant, only found out on Thurs arvo, got a strong positive thurs arvo, then again fri morn. Have felt weird for 6 days before that so pretty much new I was pregnant.

When I went to the toilet this morning there was blood when I wiped, not heaps but enough. Worst thing is I've felt yuk from last friday to sat (yday) then woke up this morning feeling ok. Commented to DH that coz i had such a good sleep I'm feeling good today but now am thinking maybe I'm feeling good as losing the baby???
When we lost the first one I was 7 weeks and had major major cramps for about a day before the blood arrived (sorry tmi) so i dunno what to think?
I only got the bfp on thursday arvo, got another positive fri morn, would it be normal to lose it this quickly after getting a positive?
So gutted we told our dd yday at a special lunch, she was so excited

GBH.

Very early on when I was pregnant with DS I thought I was pregnant, but then I had what I thought was my period. I thought I must have been mistaken about being pregnant. Turns out that I was about 5 weeks pregnant at the time. I don't know what happened but everything was fine. Hopefully it is just something similar for you.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Thanks ladies. Just wish we hadn't told our daughter now, we weren't goong to but decided to be positive about this.

GBH and figers crossed that everything is ok

Thanks Mel+2. She's 5 in 3 weeks. Am definately heading to gp in the morning, unless the bleeding continues then might go to after hours today.

Thanks Tigerlilly. Glad to hear it worked out well for you smile

i was going through a really stressful time when i fell preg, and i started bleeding when i was about 6 weeks. i totally freaked out. but because it was so early on i was told that theres nothing that could be done but rest. so i just tried to relax and take it as easy as i could. After a couple of days it stopped. i'm due in six weeks and everything is going great. havent had any problems since. Everyone is different, but my advice is any opportunity to put your feet up, take it. I know sometimes its hard to find time but its the best thing for you. Stay positive hun good luck i hope all goes well for you
Went to hospital yday arvo as bleeding got very heavy, had blood tests then home again. blood tests and a scan today, have lost the baby. Thanks for all your help.

sorry to hear Blessedwithone, I was in a similar situation when TTC with DD#2, we'd tried for 9 cycles, fell only to lose the baby 3 days after we found out ! Was deverstated, though I dont wanna give you false hope but 3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant again with DD2, so anythings possible ! Chin up and my thoughts are with you sad

Sorry to hear sad GBH

Blessedwithone i am so sorry to hear this you certainly deserve a happy ending, hope you DH is supporting you throught this. GBH

Sign in to follow this topic