Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Our Story - Miscarriage Lock Rss

A similar thing happened to me. My first pregnancy was ectopic so I lost the baby and a tube. I wasn't really too upset about it. Just a bit traumatised by the whole emergency situation and surgery. I moved on and didn't grieve or feel the need to grieve. I didn't see what all the fuss was about esp as it was so early (7 weeks).

Then my 2nd pregnancy was successful and I had my little boy. As I bonded with him in those first weeks and months I suddenly realised what I had lost the first time around and THEN I grieved and felt sad about the other little person I had never met.

Something similar happened to me to me too. After I delivered my DD it hit me what I had missed out on with my miscarriages even more, and I needed to grieve all over again, I found talking to someone really helpful and the amazing ladies from PLA (pregnancy loss Australia), sent an info pack and I had a chat to them and felt much better about it.

Hi Ladies I am new to forums and dont really understand alot of the abreviations. I have a healthy 9yr daughter to my first partner who was violent. I have been with my husband for 5 years married 1.5yrs and all I haven't wanted was a baby to him as I went through my first pregnancy alone as I had left him prior to finding out I was pregnant! We finally fell pregnant and at 6 weeks I miscarried it hit me harder than a freight train however I thought I recovered quiet well and within 4-5 days was feeling better about things I had a pre planned trip to see some life long friends with my daughter, the day we flew out we received a call to say my 18yr old step daughter was 6 weeks pregnant and that broke me while I was extremely happy for her and her partner I felt that it should be me and couldn't talk to her until today (4 wks on). Nearly 5 weeks on from my mc and I still dont have my period to try and work my cycle out again. I am unsure if this is "normal". Anyway I am thinking I might start my own post on getting your period after mc.
Congratulations to you! I am glad that things finally worked out for you. After a loss, the only source of recovery is having a safe pregnancy. I am so happy for you. We just had our first after a struggle of 6 years. It was a tough journey. However, I am glad that I didn't give up all these years. Stay positive and strong.
I am so sorry for you. I can understand how hard this must have been for you. However, I am glad that things worked for you eventually. Just think positively now. Live in the moment. I am in the middle of the process and I am trying for things to work. I hope things work for us as well. Prayers needed.
I am extremely sorry to hear about your first loss. Everyone is different with emotions. You realized after you experienced the birth. However, I am glad your second pregnancy went smooth. This is something that really matters. Don't be sad. Focus on the current situation now. Stay strong and positive.
I agree with Andie. It is soo important to not lose hope. Heartbreakings like these really tear us apart. However, a new start can make things a lot better. Keep yourself busy! This will help you move on in life. Good luck to you. Sending baby dust your way.
Sign in to follow this topic