Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Sometimes it is too much Rss

Hey Mumma's out there!

I am currently 24wks with twins - at 12wks we found out one of our babies has a lot of issues - Giant omphalocele, spinal distortion (kypho-scoliosis), body stalk anomaly.

My DF and I have a DS who is 3yrs old and is the best little guy!! He is absolutely such a joy/major blessing/sweetheart.
DF and I have (since 12wks) been told our 'special' baby will not survive long after birth.
I am constantly at appts - between two hospitals - being told to 'prepare ourselves', 'consider this and that', being asked - how are you coping, how are you feeling etc
I am sick of having to explain over and over to Dr's that we have been told one baby is okay and the other isn't (READ A DANG REPORT!!!).
My best mate is overseas and I am feeling like there is not anyone here I can relate/chat/converse with (those that are always seem to say the wrong thing e.g 'it's so sad to believe everything is there it's just in the wrong place'/totally disregard 'special twin'/ask a thousand q's then change topic).
Is there anyone out there dealing with the loss of one baby, hoping for the best for the other and telling themselves you cannot be sad because your older child will remember all of this when they are older?
Hi there. I am a mother of a surviving twin - Luke is now 9yrs old.
I delivered my babies at 33 weeks after finding out a week prior that my little girl had no heart beat.
This was the most traumatic time in our lives.

I didn't carry my little girl knowing she had passed for very long but in that time I prayed that I could keep my little man safe from harm. It was very traumatic like you said, trying to stay positive and praying for good health for your survivor. Stressed to the max.

After I delivered I thought I was coping ok, and I didn't need support but as 1 yr anniversaries loomed I was wrong, I needed support but didn't know where to turn.
I found a wonderful bunch of ladies from "MOST - Mothers of Surviving twins". I didn't realise just how many other mothers like me had lost a multiple.

I am truly sorry you are having to go through this, you are in my prayers.

If you want to chat to someone that has been through something simular or want to join and chat with other mums of surviving twins, let me know or look up MOST on Facebook.

Take care of yourself and stay strong babe your babies need you...xxxx

Luke & ~Rhiarna~ 13.05.04 & Ryan 26.03.07

Joey... Thank You so much for your reply!!

First, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Tears came to my eyes when I read what had happened. That would have been so horrible to go through at the time, and continually 9yrs later.

I will definitely get onto MOST - thank you for the connection (is it a public group? It didn't come up when I searched it).

I tell ya what... I have never been a big fan of social networking but it has been my saviour this pregnancy!

Thank you for the prayers, they are much needed and appreciated xx
N-J17 wrote:
Joey... Thank You so much for your reply!!First, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Tears came to my eyes when I read what had happened. That would have been so horrible to go through at the time, and continually 9yrs later.I will definitely get onto MOST - thank you for the connection (is it a public group? It didn't come up when I searched it). I tell ya what... I have never been a big fan of social networking but it has been my saviour this pregnancy! Thank you for the prayers, they are much needed and appreciated xx

Hi babe, I am trying to find how to Personal Message you here but can't find it. You can email me at my work joanne.pirrone@toll.com.au and we can chat and how I'll invite you to the MOST group. There are several ladies in Brissy and surrounding area's and QLD who would be happy to chat (even Face to Face) if you would like. MOST has been my saviour these past 9 years especially when family just don't get it. This is a place that my baby girl is remembered with love and never forgotten. I have met several other mums and they have become very good friends, we also have yearly or every 2nd year get togethers. Last year was in Bright and next year is on the Central Coast of NSW and the next one is up in Brissy....

Anyway, I'll wait to hear from you. I am at work today from 6am to 12noon.

Take care babe and look after yourself.

Luke & ~Rhiarna~ 13.05.04 & Ryan 26.03.07

Hello there. Hope you are good. I am so sorry to read about your situation. This is so hard to bear. This pains you are constantly feeling and sufferings. I am truly sorry. I know this is not easy but you need to have faith. You need to be strong. You can do it. Again; I know you will be thinking that I am just being ignorant about your pain but trust me that I can totally relate. Your pain is more than mine. I just wish you have strength to endure this tough time. Wish all the best to you! Clair ..
Sign in to follow this topic