Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Loss and Sadness
  5. TTC January 14 - New Beginning and Resolutions

TTC January 14 - New Beginning and Resolutions Lock Rss

*Beaker* wrote:
Any resolutions? I have some bad habits to kick - like making excuses not to go to the gym, and drinking too much Coke!

I'm debating giving up coffee. I don't drink a lot, only one skim latte a day, and might see if I can cut it out altogether. I do enjoy my coffee though - and there's a lot of conflicting information around about the impact caffeine in any amount has on fertility.

And I too need to increase my exercise! Though that has been my resolution for the last couple of years that hasn't eventuated. smile

ps - Good luck for this month Beaker - keeping fx for Clomid cycle 3 being your lucky one.

Chops, I just can't get over the shittiness of that for you sad GBH

AFM, I got my appt with the Gyno consultant about looking into my endo/having a laparoscopy done.. It's in the middle of my clomid cycle, but I think we'll go ahead anyway, and if I'm not pregnant, I could still have surgery. I'm so nervous about the prospect of surgery, I would rather just get pregnant and not have to worry about it! But at least there will be progress if I miss out this cycle. I will keep you posted.

Just waiting for AF to arrive now, probably a few days away yet.

Chops30 wrote:
I'm debating giving up coffee. I don't drink a lot, only one skim latte a day, and might see if I can cut it out altogether. I do enjoy my coffee though - and there's a lot of conflicting information around about the impact caffeine in any amount has on fertility.

And I too need to increase my exercise! Though that has been my resolution for the last couple of years that hasn't eventuated. smile

ps - Good luck for this month Beaker - keeping fx for Clomid cycle 3 being your lucky one.
'

Thanks Chops, I'll cross mine back things happen soon for you x

I still drink caffiene (obviously with my coke!!) and have the occasional booze, spa baths etc. TBH, i got sick of giving up my life to get pregnant, when it didn't seem to be happening for me, so I've just been doing whatever I want.. It's so hard to know how much influence it has, since people with crappy lifestyles seem to fall pregnant in a snap all over the place.. I just want to stay happy, as I feel like that will lead me to a baby more than giving up all the good stuff in my life wink I even drink in the TWW gasp

If you want to avoid bad plastics, metal bottles are the wat to go smile no BPA doesn't mean no bad plastic.. Its often replaced with an untested plastic that's just not BPA. I will probably use glass Avent bottles as opposed to plastic, just due to reheating etc. I'm not really that bothered otherwise.

yes I think that is probably the recommended amount, but its more my sugar intake and subsequent weight gain that's my issue with the coke drinking. Its the only caffeine I have, and there's times I drink none at all. Its just a habit. I have a 30pack, once it's gone I'm not buying more. My DH hates me drinking it.

Hello girls, I am joining you all after losing our twin girls in October at 24 weeks gestation. Just started trying again but not sure when af is due again? I will update my tickers once on the computer x

We are trying again for baby number 2, we have a 13month old boy called Harry smile

This will be pregnancy number three.

Look forward to sharing the journey with you all xx

Sending my love to all everyone and fingers crossed for all those trying again after a loss I'm so sorry for your loss

- been on for three months now a clean gluten free diet, not sure if it's helping me with the getting pregnant situation but I'm now 66kgs now lost 4 kgs which is really hard to do on clomid

Thanks ladies. Slowly coming to terms with things but have accepted that there will be good and bad days, and still frustrated with being in limbo. The support on here is amazing.

*Beaker* - you are so right about not putting your life on hold to TTC. I am usually the same but think I am just overthinking everything at the moment because of what we're going through, which I shouldn't. I have a cousin who found out she was pregnant at 25 weeks, complete accident, did all the wrong things since she didn't know, missed all the early monitoring/tests, and baby turned out completely fine and healthy. Doesn't seem fair, but it is life I guess.

When do you start your new cycle - do you do Clomid day 5-9 as well?

Butterflylove - those necklaces are gorgeous. I bought myself a little necklace the other day, with a little flower bud as a memory and symbol of hope. I've worn it a few times so far and had compliments but only DH and I know the meaning behind it.

Sorry to hear you would have been halfway, I'd be sad too. The milestones must be devastating, especially if you know someone who is pregnant around the time you would have been due. I know the feeling about positivity too. Every time someone asks me how I am, I always find it hard to answer without adding in something negative. First it was feeling shitty about fertility issues and now a loss.

Chickadee Peanut - Losing weight on Clomid is a great effort, I think it made me gain a kilo or two! Well done. smile

MeggyMeffen - I am so so sorry about your loss.

Merry Christmas to you all! Hopefully this time next year we are all either pregnant or celebrating Christmas with a new baby. x

Chops we are here to help you thru the process, hugs x yes life is full of unfairness in the baby department but I guess its not our journey, and our journey will get us where we need to be no matter how painful it might be to get there..

I take Clomid days 3-7 just waiting for AF to arrive after taking bcp to align cycle with DH. Should be in the next couple of days. At a guess they'll increase me from 25mg up to 50mg for this cycle. Not looking forward to it much but I think I won't be working most of the tablet time, which is good!

hope Christmas has been amazing ladies, mines been great just wish my DH was home x

My AF started around lunchtime today so tomorrow is my day 1. I am not working my 5 clomid days which is so good. Unfortunately tho I had a car accident today. I'm ok and cars not too bad but another bill to pay the excess as it was my fault. Very shaken thru the day but feeling better now. Then got home and saw that my mailbox has been stolen. Hmmph.

Yes its been a bit strange! Yeh it wasn't connected to anything, just sitting on a concrete block by our neighbors whose is somehow connected. Ours is gone and the top is ripped off theirs. I'm working all day tomorrow and Saturday so unless my parents get me one, I'm mailbox-less til Sunday! Aaaand they're like $100 to replace last time we got one.. I think I'm having an,expensive month!

Omg how scary beaker I hope your all ok ( sending love and hugs )

We have had our letter box stolen few times a bit crazy .....

Just a bit rattled but fine, thank you smile

Sign in to follow this topic