Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

My missed miscarriage..... Lock Rss

Mel + 2 wrote:
Sutton to be - I had no bleeding after my D&C in Nov, didn't even wear a pad home from hospital. We dtd 10 days after & I had no bleeding but then I did get a fairly heavy period exactly 21 days from the date of the operation. Not sure about the infection side of things, have you had any odour, pain or still bleeding?

Hi Mel + 2, I'm sorry to hear of your losses also. I can't imagine going through this again so I really feel for you and your hubby. Fingers crossed that when you're both ready to try again all goes well xx
I was surprised that my bleeding was light after D & C, had some bleeding but only enough for a liner and it always seemed like old blood. I don't have any signs of infection at this stage and no more bleeding. We dtd 8 days after my D & C but to be honest my days are completely out of wack at the moment and I thought it had been 13 days until I thought about it after seeing the bleeding and realised it was 13 days since we had the scan that showed no heartbeat rather than the date of the scan.

Stina_Cake wrote:
SuttonToBe thank you for your reply and I am so sorry for your loss it is a pain that can never be imagined and when it happens you wish you never had to feel it! Hubby and I are ready for a baby and we are strong and we know we have each other no matter the out come. Congrats on your wedding that is the perfect kind of distraction take it all in and hold your hubby to be tight! My wedding day is my most cherished it was so perfect!

In regards to bleeding I had no spotting or anything alerting me to a miscarriage and after the d&c I had some light bleeding for 2 days and then my body didn't skip a beat 8 days later I had a normal period in regards to length of, colour and heaviness so we will see how I go I have a 27 day cycle so should have my period again on the 13th Feb. Hubby and I have been DTD, the first time was a bit painful so we stopped but after that it has been fine. Just take it easy and check with your doctor if your worried! Wishing you a wonderful wedding and a sticky honeymoon baby!!

Thank you for your kind words Stina_Cake. I'm really looking forward to our wedding, it has been a great distraction smile A sticky honeymoom baby is certainly on our minds and would be the perfect way to celebrate our marriage xxx

I'm so sorry for ur loss me n my partner also just had a mc at 6 weeks I had it on Saturday we are still upset about it, I'm going to my dr tomorrow n going to see if we can try again I don't wanna wait.

It's more sad when u wanted this so Bad u have done the right thing taking vitamins and eating right than bam gets taken off of u I hope u fall preg soon Hun.

I have found this site to be amazing support if u ever need to vent we r all here
Xo
Im sorry to hear of your loss Stina sad take the time to relax and just go with the flow now, im sure a lil one wont be too far away for you! Your husband sounds like a really good man too!

I also fell pregnant on my first cycle TTC and we got super excited thinking we were extremely lucky and then it ended up being ectopic and was devastating sad I then had a D&C to start fresh and now on our 5th cycle TTC, we are hoping its not too much longer for us to get a BFP.

FX for you, 2014 has to be a better year! x

Thank you for the support and kind words ladies and I am so sorry for your losses, I can understand not wanting to wait I'm ready for my baby and I want my baby now! The most we can do is take care of ourselves, relax and hope we all get out sticky baby soon!!

Crossing fingers, toes and anything else I can find that it will all be our time soon, but until then please all feel free to vent, cry, scream anything you need in this little post sharing our stories feels really healing to me!

Lots of love to you all!! xxx
Stina

im sorry to hear of all your losses
when I had my first m/c I was 16, I was 9 wks. and everybody told me to just get over it which just made it worst nobody really cared enough to ask me how I was feeling or if I was ok which didn't help at all. it was a bit over one year before we fell pregnant again we then went on to have 3 more kids, then we found out that we were pregnant again but soon found out that we had lossed our baby again this time due to it being a molar pregnancy I had a dnc two days after they told us the news I bleed for not quite 2 weeks and then got my regular period two weeks later then a month later my period didn't come so I went back to my doc and had blood test done because she thought that they might not of remove all of the tissue so that mite of been the reason I didn't get my period so when the bloods came back that day she booked in in to have an u/s done as my bloods were rising and to your surprise they found a heartbeat I was told that I was 5 weeks and 1 pregnant and im am now 18wks and 3 days.
even though you go on to have kids nothing changes the hurt you feel for the loss of your baby its always there in the back of your mind, for me I still think about lossed baby's everyday and it still hurts but it dose get easier.
I just hope you things turn out great for you and your husband ( who I must say sounds like a really good man ) and I wish you all the best
mumma001 wrote:
im sorry to hear of all your losses
when I had my first m/c I was 16, I was 9 wks. and everybody told me to just get over it which just made it worst nobody really cared enough to ask me how I was feeling or if I was ok which didn't help at all. it was a bit over one year before we fell pregnant again we then went on to have 3 more kids, then we found out that we were pregnant again but soon found out that we had lossed our baby again this time due to it being a molar pregnancy I had a dnc two days after they told us the news I bleed for not quite 2 weeks and then got my regular period two weeks later then a month later my period didn't come so I went back to my doc and had blood test done because she thought that they might not of remove all of the tissue so that mite of been the reason I didn't get my period so when the bloods came back that day she booked in in to have an u/s done as my bloods were rising and to your surprise they found a heartbeat I was told that I was 5 weeks and 1 pregnant and im am now 18wks and 3 days.
even though you go on to have kids nothing changes the hurt you feel for the loss of your baby its always there in the back of your mind, for me I still think about lossed baby's everyday and it still hurts but it dose get easier.
I just hope you things turn out great for you and your husband ( who I must say sounds like a really good man ) and I wish you all the best

Thank you for sharing your story and I am so sorry for your losses as well and that you didn't have the right support you deserved with your first one! Also congrats on your new pregnancy and all the luck in the world so happy for you! I know I will always be sad for our loss but I know we will get our bubba and yes i am extremely lucky my husband is amazing!! wub

Christina,

Firstly I would like to say how sorry i am for your loss. Losing a baby is one of the hardest things for a woman to go through and one which only those who have been through it themselves can truly understand.

I had a missed miscarriage last year in June. I decided not to have a 12 week scan because I knew that no matter what deformities my baby would be born with I would still love it wholeheartedly. At my first midwife appointment the midwife could not find a heartbeat and sent me for a scan the next day (at 15 weeks). Thats when I found out I had a missed miscarriage - bub was also measuring 9 weeks. I had a d&c a few days after. I was a mess. Now this story does have a happy ending....

I knew that I did not want to wait before falling pregnant again. I was so so ready to be a mum and each month of waiting would just me another month that I would have to live with that little emptiness that could only be filled by a baby. So we tried straight away. Early July (2 days before my wedding) I had the best news ever...I was pregnant again. My baby was in my belly when my husband and I were married!

I am now 34 weeks pregnant. My pregnancy has been perfect and everything is looking good. I definitely think the d&c made me super fertile. So my advice is, if you are emotionally ready, get back on the horse. Every sad story does have a happy ending. Hopefully yours will come very soon!

Wishing you all the best xxx

Thank you JayCee13 for sharing your story and would a wonderful end your baby with you both on your wedding day that's so lovely! I wish you all the best for the delivery of your beautiful baby!!

I am like you I am sadened by our loss but so so so ready for our own little baby so we are already trying!!

xxxx

Jaycee - Thank you for sharing your story. Im sorry for your loss but so pleased to hear your happy ending. We are getting married in 3 weeks and I don't think we have enough time to get a BFP but I'm hoping for one as soon as! We're definitely ready for a baby and we're getting straight back on the horse (so to speak)! smile

We should have been getting excited to see our bubs in NT scan about now. It seems that everytime you think you're coping ok, something comes upt that takes you back to square 1. I've also found that I've become anxious whenever my fiance has to go out or I'm at home by myself. I've never suffered from anxiety before and I'm not having full blown anxiety attacks or anything like that but has anyone experienced anything similar?

Oh SuttonToBe sending you extra love and cuddles and strength!! I had really bad separation anxiety from my husband if he was to far away from me when it first happened I would get really panicked and my breathing would get erratic I think because it felt like he was the only thing that was real anymore and he grounded me! My anxiety has passed now by just taking it slow a day at a time! I had a bad day yesterday I should have been 15 weeks! I think there will always be things that remind us and make us sad but we are strong and we will get through this!! I'm here for chats if you need!!

Lots of love!!
xxxx

Sign in to follow this topic