Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

D&C - advice Rss

I had a D&C 4 weeks ago. I miscarried at about 9 weeks and had the D&C 2 weeks later. I had minimal bleeding afterwards and was told by my obstetrician to wait until I had a period before trying to conceive again. I've not had my period yet. I also had an ultra sound last week and it showed that there is still some tissue remaining in my uterus. I'm awaiting contact from my obstetrician to find out what happens next. I'm so worried that I might have to have another D&C. This was my first pregnancy and I'm very eager to start trying to conceive again.
Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

Yv

Sorry for your loss sad I had a miscarriage in Nov at 9wks & needed a D&C also. I had no bleeding after the operation & my period returned exactly 3wks later. If you are still showing as having tissue left over you most likely would need another one as it can't be good to leave it there surely. My first miscarriage last March my period took 6wks to come back which they told me it is usually 4-6wks. You are also supposedly more fertile in the months after a D&C so fingers crossed you are blessed with a baby soon xx
I had a missed mc last year at 9 weeks and had a D&C. I didn't have any retained material though and no real bleeding after the procedure. It took 9.5weeks to get my next period which turned out to be a short cycle of 23 days and I conceived the following month.
Sign in to follow this topic