Huggies Forum

Home Births & Drug Free Births

Huggies_Moderator

New Forum

Hi everyone, We have had some interesting discussions in the Pregnancy and Birth forum recently...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Arleneelemley

Home birth!

Actually I'm trying to conceive. If I become pregnant I will go only for home birth as I hat...

2 replies

Hi I have two children who are 5 and almost 3. We had both of them at home. We hired a birth pool. It was AMAZING both times to have...

HuggiesModerator

Is your partner or your family unsupportive of your birth plan?

Share your stories and thoughts...

1 reply

My partner have a plan that restricts visitors at the hospital to just grandparents. We have decided this because we want to maximis...

G_T

MIL unsupportive of birth plan - HELP.

Hey all. So my MIL and I generally get along well, but she refuses to support my birthing plans....

3 replies

Hi there. I've had three awesome amazing births at home including my first child and am due to have my fourth in 8 weeks! It so...

bella.h

Home birth - Public Perception

Hi ladies! I'm new to the forum. For those of you who planned a home birth, did you encount...

4 replies

Thank you mum2all. That's amazing that you've had water births for all your children. I was happy with my choice and fel...

julene

birthing pools

Hi, I just want to know where I can get a birthing pool that doesn't cost so much. Or has an...

3 replies

The sides were quite thick. I don't think I bought anything really, the midwife brought out most of it, they stock up from the ...

zureen

home birth

Hi mothers wanted to know if any of you had home births and how wasyour experience as I had a won...

8 replies

If we maintain certain basic safety precautions when we have to deliver at home then it will become are easy to use. On online we ha...

Kandied Heart

Home Waterbirths and Costs

Hi All, Very excited to be having a home birth with my wonderful mid wife (who delievered DD2...

18 replies

Hi all, Just to let you know you can hire birth pools at http://www.wondermum.co.nz for your home birth or water birth! They also h...

*timtam*

Hynobirthing & Calmbirth experiences

Hi everyone, Im after experiences using either of these methods, did it work for you? Has anyon...

6 replies

Thanks ladies i appreciate the feedback. Im thinking after reading your replies i might look into the classes after all. Will let yo...

Delibobs

Water birth..

hey iv decided to have a water birth with my first baby (if everything goes to plan) because i wa...

4 replies

Don't be nervous! It's just another thing you can try - and if you don't like it, get out It was strongly recommende...

Whiti Mum of 3

Costs for a home birth?

I was reading something in another thread and someone mentioned it being too expensive to birth a...

18 replies

Bump

Herewegoagain2

RBWH Birth Centre

Anyone given birth there? what was your experience like? Thanks in advance.

15 replies

Bump

Jessy88

Going for a natural birth, Any advice???

Hi am 5 months pregnant and this is my first. I really want as natural of a birth as possible no ...

16 replies

Bump

January11_14

Water Births Tauranga

Does Tauranga Hospital do them? Id love a water birth, not labouring in the pool, but actual birt...

3 replies

Bump!

Home birth & stitches

I'm pretty sure they can as long as the tears aren't too bad, but don't quote me o...

3 replies

Hi there I needed a couple of stitches... My midwife did them at home All the best

ElyseHunt

homebirth...neighbours???

Hey We're planning on having a home waterbirth with our first bubs who is due in 2 weeks!! I do...

11 replies

Bumping to get rid of the fecking ridiculous NINE pages of SPAM! Sort this shite out mods!!!

crizzy

to have an epidural or to not?

Hi guys, it has been at least a year since i have been on here but was having a discussion on fac...

27 replies

Bumping to get rid of the fecking ridiculous NINE pages of SPAM! Sort this shite out mods!!!

Missedodd

Midwifery Support - student midwife available

Hi my name is Erin, I am a student midwife, graduating at the end of 2014. I am looking for women...

1 reply

Chontellesmart

So nervous but think I have made the decision to have a home birth

Hi ladies (and gents), I am 27 weeks and I am new to this forum so HI! After the birth of my son...

4 replies

Tarynncowell

Home birth? or Gold coast hospital...confused!!

Hi Ladies, I am almost 36 weeks pregnant and have only just found out that I cannot get into the...

10 replies

Makalalynch101

All things smelly!!

What are some good scents to take into hospital to help you relax during labor? And can i get a b...

2 replies

I brought in bergamont but it never made it out of my bag! Most ideas/advice I had been given went out the window when the time actu...

lolly29

Planning a water labour but an "on land" birth.

Hi all. I'm planning of having a water labour with this baby as I really don't want to...

4 replies

lolly29 wrote: Thank you for your replys. I told DP last night he'd have to make sure he has a spare change of clothes and re...

Mumto3kids82

Home births!!!!!!!

How many have decided to have home-births??? I have had 2 home births, I found them quite good. ...

10 replies

[quote post="3440560" name="ja_nel"][b]ja_nel wrote[/b]: hello stranger!!! Where have you been hiding?[/quote] ...

GC_Clucky

Water Birth?

I had both my babies in water. I thought it was good but I can't really compare to non water...

2 replies

Someone had a similar thread a few days ago and had a few replies, so if you can find it (about 3 days ago) there are some great res...

Felix76

Drugs in the birth centre?

Ive been accepted into the birth centre at RBWH. I dont want an epidural at this stage, however t...

6 replies

I met with my midwife yesterday, im definately feeling better. She said drugs that are available are gas, morphine and sterile water...

mrsing

tips for drug free birth pls

Hi, starting to feel more and more strongly about trying for a drug free birth. I want bubs to be...

16 replies

I read positive birth stories on the internet. Calm birth, hypnobirthing stories. Also stayed upright and let the midwife massage th...

One*Lucky*Mummy

Belmont NSW Birth Centre?

Hi lovely ladies, I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I had my first at the RBWH QLD Birthin...

7 replies

Thank you for posting this I had no idea this place existed otherwise I would of gone here with my dd . I'm now trying for my s...

Melky_Grace

Breeched babies

Hi, how late did your baby turn to be head down? I am currently 33 weeks & 6 days pregnant &a...

8 replies

My first born was breech from 30 weeks. I tried everything from head on floor bum on lounge, frozen peas on top of belly. But bub ju...

newedition

Cost of Homebirths

From experience can anyone tell me what the costs were for them to have a homebirth? I would love...

2 replies

No, not eligible. Got married last December and just bought a house. DH is supportive of Homebirth but he cant justify spending the ...

asha015

Home water birth story of Tully Rex.

The birth story of Tully Rex On Monday 14th January (my due date) I was feeling super emotional ...

5 replies

congrats on the birth of your little man. thanks for sharring such an amazing birth story and video with us.

catchoo

Positive drug free birth stories..please!

Hi I know it's a pain to start a new post on topics that have been discussed a million times but...

26 replies

Great posts! Have you had the baby yet? How was it?!

Jazlie

Where's all the Sydney Birth Centres??

Hi All, I am 12 weeks and am desperately trying to find a birthing centre with bath facilities t...

5 replies

Not sure if you found one Jazlie, but if you can't then I suggest finding a hospital that is pro-natural and is run by a midwifery p...

KylzBub

Natural drug free birth PLEASE!

All I want is a natural, drug free delivery. I am so terrified of having to get a c-sections that...

25 replies

Axiom wrote: It's great that it worked for you but I was walking 5km+ at the end of my pregnancy, drinking red raspberry leaf tea an...

asha015

Need help to connect with this pregnancy

I'm planning my 2nd homebirth with my 3rd baby and all was going great, I was so excited and real...

2 replies

Hi there, I had this happen when I was pregnant with dd2 (homebirth as well) I think its a way of protecting yourself against the r...

C_hippie_kiwi

Freedom For Birth

Some of you might be interested in this, I went to a screening of this doco last night and it was...

1 reply

Thanks for that it's quite fascinating and disturbing knowing what goes on around the world. I feel really glad I investigated thing...

MrsClaus

Requirements for Unassited Birth

Hi, I was wondering what the requirements are for a home birth minus midwife. I do not mean c...

15 replies

I didn't go the freebirthing option, but I do feel all pregnant women should know how to freebirth. Not many recommend it, so it's ...

mumaof3

looking for homebirth midwife in Rockhampton area?!

I was just wondering if anyone knows/is a homebirth midwife in the Rockhampton area as I live out...

2 replies

The Friends of the Birth Centre Rockhampton are helping to give women in Central Queensland access to more options for birth. Find u...

Newcastle Mum

TENS Machines - are they worth the $$ for a short labour and do they help at all in the pushing stage?

I used a hired TENS machine for my last labour and found it great for the first stage of labour -...

2 replies

Hi, For my second birth I hired one and it was amazing. I had a 3hr 4 min labour from first twinge to all done and the tens got me ...

NZ*Unique_Nique

Membrane Sweep is it considered natural?

Morning ladies, well i have 9 more sleeps till my due date but only 4 till my hubby has to go awa...

10 replies

No. A membrane sweep for the sake of your husband being there for the birth is not natural for you, your baby nor your or the babie...

Gillskehan

Public vs Private Birth in WA

Hi, I have just discovered that I am 5 weeks pregnant and need to consider whether to go public ...

7 replies

Hi, I have just discovered that I am 5 weeks pregnant and need to consider whether to go public or private for the birth. This is...