Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Home Births & Drug Free Births
  5. I am going to start up a home bith debate !! lol lol lol

I am going to start up a home bith debate !! lol lol lol Lock Rss

for me ??? .. I think the idea of a home birth is a lovely and romantic idea ..I like the idea of taking baby into my bed and having a little mummy baby time ..daddy bringing me in a cup of tea and some toast ...then all snuggling up for the night ..no one coming in and poking and proding ..sounds just magical .

but I cant do it cause i have a blood dissorder and need help to stop my uterus bleeding ..I need a cathater and drip and injections ..all that crap that makes a home bith just a thought for me !!

but ....if I could have a doctor and midwife at home to help me then I recon I would give it a crack ..

so ....if a doctor and midwife were there the whole time would you home birth or would it still make you want to do it in a hospital environment ???

I didn't mind the hospital births, espeacially since I was only in the devilery suit for 20 minutes before I was holding dd2. For dh's sake i'll go to the hospital again if hell ever freezes over roll eyes

I'm all for options though
Firstly what a crock you love starting a debate lmao

Ok for me several years ago and what you are saying would be the ideal situation but you know how it was with my last 2 so was not an option for me either sad

I think that is part of the idea that it would be perfect, the fact that it could never happen lol I am sure you know what I mean there

I think that if you are in a situation where it could be a possibility then research everything and talk to your midwife and make a decision from there, one of my friends did this in SA and lmao they had to get rid of their new bed and buy a new one cause hubby could not get the image of her being in so much pain there out of his head lmao

Hey Frankie Check your bloody phone woman lol

Leigha''s little men smile

Hey Frankie Check your bloody phone woman lol

that would mean I have to charge it up and turn it on LMAO ...but will do it just for you wub

I also love the idea of a home birth, in a birthing pool or bath in particular, with candles and calm and my kids to share in the experience. I would miss the hospital though as I really enjoy those first couple of days on my own with bub to get to know each other, and having meals cooked for me and not having any housework to do! I want the holiday lol.
No I wouldn't! It wasn't something I even considered when pregnant with Maddi although I did try to see if they'd fit me in in the um.. I can't remember what it's called but the little midwife run place lol! But now that I'd be classed as high risk with my next that's not an option for me either.

I think for me, even if I'd had 2 perfect births I would need the hospital there for the 'just in case' part of me. But I'm very aware of how things can go wrong so the idea freaks me out lol..

My sister has said she likes the idea of a home birth. She said she'd never do it but has liked the idea of it (freaks me out a little every time she says it!) so I know it does appeal to some people. And that's fine. I'm not against home births in general, just home births for me!

that would mean I have to charge it up and turn it on LMAO ...but will do it just for you wub

And this would surprise me how??? roll eyes

Leigha''s little men smile

so ....if a doctor and midwife were there the whole time would you home birth or would it still make you want to do it in a hospital environment ???

yes

this is just imo so...being pregnant and giving birth is just a means to an end for me. i dont care where it is or how it is done (the less pain the better) just as long as it is done with a healthy baby at the end of it. i am not in it for an experience, i just want the baby at the end of it all.

i so dont see the big deal with the whole thing but understand why some would get upset if the CHOICE was taken away from them.

i do, however, get really tired of people who think they know the ins and outs of everything birth related and bag the 'professionals' as not really knowing anything and yet here they are thinking they are the ones that DO know everything. they say things like it is fact when in truth, they have no idea. went a little off topic there but it just does my head in sometimes smile

so, no it wouldnt stop me from going to a hospital, but seriously could not care if anyone else did.
Now after having one child, I would never even consider doing a home birth. I know that if you had a midwife or dr there then the chances of anything happening are slim, but if anything DID go wrong and something happened i would never forgive myself, especially if that something could have been prevented or fixed had I been in a hospital!

Also, there are always complications that you can never forsee even with all he medical knowledge and testing that we have available to us now!!
I have friends who have home birthed, two by accident and one by choice. For me I need the reassurance there will be the Drs and equipment there to help my baby and I if we need it. I haven't considered a home birth, I just feel that the time it takes for an ambulance to arrive to my house and then take us to the hospital could be too long.

I actually loved having my kids in the hospital, I was given a huge amount of time to relax, get breast feeding down pat and not lift a finger the whole time. I think if I hadn't of had that recovery time and break then I might have felt snowed under. Each to their own, what I think is best for my baby and I might not be what others think.
i would LOVE to have a home birth smile

i didnt have one with DD as i didnt know what the hell i was doing or how my body would cope lol and i wasnt allowed one with my boys because twins are classed as 'high risk'

if DF lets me have another bub ill be having a home birth - provided i dont have twins again and the pregnancy goes well

yes

this is just imo so...being pregnant and giving birth is just a means to an end for me. i dont care where it is or how it is done (the less pain the better) just as long as it is done with a healthy baby at the end of it. i am not in it for an experience, i just want the baby at the end of it all.

i so dont see the big deal with the whole thing but understand why some would get upset if the CHOICE was taken away from them.

i do, however, get really tired of people who think they know the ins and outs of everything birth related and bag the 'professionals' as not really knowing anything and yet here they are thinking they are the ones that DO know everything. they say things like it is fact when in truth, they have no idea. went a little off topic there but it just does my head in sometimes smile

so, no i wouldnt, but seriously could not care if anyone else did.

Had I have not had the amazing labour I had with Grace I would have to agree with you ..but even the midwife (whom I knew very well ) said that Grace was a text book home birth labour ...but it was me who had the problem lol lol

I know what you mean about the ones who know the ins and outs of a ducks arsehole about labour and babies ..I can appreciate someone self educated about the subject ..but I say leave that to the professionals ..so I know what you mean ..that is why I think if I could have a doctor and midwife at my home I would have to seriously consider it !!!

Sign in to follow this topic