Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

RBWH Birth Centre Lock Rss

Anyone given birth there? what was your experience like?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

I did. In Feb last year and I LOVED them. I went through the birth centre but gave birth in the regular birth suite as DD was very overdue.

All the midwives were absolutely lovely. They were happy to answer all my questions. The staff were open to all my decisions (even though I made some choices they wouldn't have recommended) and I had an excellent birthing experience.

I highly, highly suggest birth centre care. It is so great to have a team of midwives who know you and will fight for what you want. The follow up care is amazing and they are on call before and after the birth 24 hours a day.

PM me anytime if you have more questions.
Thanks for getting back to me, Ive been excepted to the Birth centre and i am very excited about.

I have my first appointment in about 4 weeks, just need to get my 18/20wk ultrasound scan done.

When i found out id been excepted i was jumping around my living room like a crazy women! lol
I have not given birth there.
But i got into the birth centre this time and am really excited.

I have not given birth there.
But i got into the birth centre this time and am really excited.

Excellent when are you due? do you know which midwifes youve got?

I am due in August and i have midwifes Jo and Ann, meeting Jo on monday really excited!!

Excellent when are you due? do you know which midwifes youve got?

I am due in August and i have midwifes Jo and Ann, meeting Jo on monday really excited!!

I had that team of midwives, Tanya was also on the team- perhaps whe's left or is on holidays for your birth?? I didn't get to know Jo very well as she took leave about half way through but Ann is AMAZING!! Tanya actually delivered my DD and she was just fantastic. Birth centre care is absolutely the best thing in the world. I hope I have the same team when I have my next bub.

I had that team of midwives, Tanya was also on the team- perhaps whe's left or is on holidays for your birth?? I didn't get to know Jo very well as she took leave about half way through but Ann is AMAZING!! Tanya actually delivered my DD and she was just fantastic. Birth centre care is absolutely the best thing in the world. I hope I have the same team when I have my next bub.

Yay, i heard on another forum that jo is amazing so really happy to hear that ann is just as amazing so looking forward to tomorrow and meeting them very very excited.

Yeah maybe Tanya is on holiday as ive heard you normally have 3 midwifes. smile
I gave birth at the RBWH birth centre almost 3 years ago! BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!
I can not recommend them enough. They were so kind and caring and sure do know alot about natural birthing. I'm very lucky, my birth went to plan, DD came at 39weeks +2 days. I had a full day of pre labour and had 6 hours of hard labour and decided to give birth in the water...It was beautiful and definately something to consider!!!
when i am next pregnant i will be trying to get into a birth centre again!!

Good luck with it all, and feel free to PM if you have any questions

I gave birth at the RBWH birth centre almost 3 years ago! BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!
I can not recommend them enough. They were so kind and caring and sure do know alot about natural birthing. I'm very lucky, my birth went to plan, DD came at 39weeks +2 days. I had a full day of pre labour and had 6 hours of hard labour and decided to give birth in the water...It was beautiful and definately something to consider!!!
when i am next pregnant i will be trying to get into a birth centre again!!

Good luck with it all, and feel free to PM if you have any questions

Wow thats amazing, i am planning a water birth really hoping everything goes to plan so i can have one!!!

how long after birth did you go home?

Wow thats amazing, i am planning a water birth really hoping everything goes to plan so i can have one!!!

how long after birth did you go home?

As I mentioned before I didn't end up getting to have DD in the birth centre as she was so far overdue, I had her in the birthsuite just down the hall and I went home 5 hours later.

Thanks in advance.

I have. August 2008. As the previous girls said.. Best experience Ever. I am now on the waiting list for my third child due this August and pray everyday that I get in. I have not one complaint for the BirthCentre.

I have. August 2008. As the previous girls said.. Best experience Ever. I am now on the waiting list for my third child due this August and pray everyday that I get in. I have not one complaint for the BirthCentre.

good luck, i hope you get in!!
Sign in to follow this topic