Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Belmont NSW Birth Centre? Lock Rss

Hi lovely ladies,

I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I had my first at the RBWH QLD Birthing Centre and LOVED it. The care was amazing and the birth was better then I could have hoped (excluding the 3rd degree tear of course)

We don't live in Brisbane anymore but Newcastle. I have self referred my myself to the Birth Centre at Belmont (doctors here have been pretty useless) and I got a call last week to say I have been excepted into their program....thank god as i didn't have a back up plan roll eyes

I'm yet to have a first appointment...not till 12 weeks but I'm hoping like crazy that the care at Belmont is going to be at the same standard as the RBWH.

So has anyone gone through the Birth Centre in Belmont? and If so how did you find it?

Thanks for any replies in advance smile

I havent birthed there but i know a few people who have, and they have all said only good things about it.
Hi, i have birthed there. It was wonderful. The rooms are great and the midwives fantastic.
It was the best experience.
I had my other kids at the john hunter hospital, but the birth at belmont birthing centre was the best.
Good luck to you and feel free to ask any questions. smile

Hi, i have birthed there. It was wonderful. The rooms are great and the midwives fantastic.
It was the best experience.
I had my other kids at the john hunter hospital, but the birth at belmont birthing centre was the best.
Good luck to you and feel free to ask any questions. smile

Thanks for your reply. that is very re assurring that i feel i have made the right decision smile

Not long till my first appt....2 more weeks! very excited that i have made the program again...although different birth centre!

Hi

I know I'm a bit late to reply. By now you would have had a few appointments & all systems go...

But just thought I would add to reassure you.

I birthed at Belmont in Jan '10 & it was the BEST experience ever! The midwives are all lovely & supportive & believe an intervention free birth is best. However it is nice to know that you can trust your carer to get you to John Hunter if needed.

DH & I are currently trying for number 2 & plan to birth at Belmont again! I can not recommend the place highly enough!

All the best!!

xoxox
thanks for your reply. I have 7 weeks to go and have been 110% happy with the care i have recieved at Belmont. my midwife is wonderful and very supportive smile

I had my second bub at Belmont and the service is wonderful. There is a website about them now: www.friendsofbelmontbirthing.org.au incase anyone else wants some more info.
Thank you for posting this I had no idea this place existed otherwise I would of gone here with my dd . I'm now trying for my second and will be giving them a call .

Do you know if they take women that have had a 3 b tear ?

Just re read first post and I guess the answer would be yes sorry
Sign in to follow this topic