Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Home Births & Drug Free Births

Home Births & Drug Free Births

C_hippie_kiwi

Freedom For Birth Lock

Some of you might be interested in this, I went to a screening of this doco last night and it was...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
mumaof3

looking for homebirth midwife in Rockhampton area?! Lock

I was just wondering if anyone knows/is a homebirth midwife in the Rockhampton area as I live out...

2 replies

The Friends of the Birth Centre Rockhampton are helping to give women in Central Queensland access to more options for birth. Find u...

Newcastle Mum

TENS Machines - are they worth the $$ for a short labour and do they help at all in the pushing stage? Lock

I used a hired TENS machine for my last labour and found it great for the first stage of labour -...

2 replies

Hi, For my second birth I hired one and it was amazing. I had a 3hr 4 min labour from first twinge to all done and the tens got me ...

NZ*Unique_Nique

Membrane Sweep is it considered natural? Lock

Morning ladies, well i have 9 more sleeps till my due date but only 4 till my hubby has to go awa...

10 replies

No. A membrane sweep for the sake of your husband being there for the birth is not natural for you, your baby nor your or the babie...

Gillskehan

Public vs Private Birth in WA Lock

Hi, I have just discovered that I am 5 weeks pregnant and need to consider whether to go public ...

7 replies

Hi, I have just discovered that I am 5 weeks pregnant and need to consider whether to go public or private for the birth. This is...

mummy275

Preparing for an unexpected homebirth Lock

OK so I have some time to play with but with my last delivery it was much quicker than anticipate...

12 replies

I replied earlier in the thread. My third came in 3 hrs. Was great! Much better than the 1 & 1/2 hrs for my second. Good luck! Tha...

justdoit

how did u prepare for a drug free birth Lock

im due in 11 weeks and i plan on having a drug free water birth in hospital. the hospital im att...

11 replies

I went to birth classes leading up to the birth of my first, they teach you to focus on your breathing. I went into labour at 34 wee...

fionabrowning

water birth at kemh and stay in time Lock

Hi I am due with bub 3 in Nov and would like a drug free water birth- My last birth i made it in ...

2 replies

The birthing centre at KEMH do make you go home quite early after birth. We went there for a tour and they told us you go home withi...

sarahlouiseconte

Midwifery Help! one on one! Lock

I am a 29 year old student / mother, completing my first year of my Bachelor of Midwifery degree ...

2 replies

how far into pregnancy do u want ladies???? Any where from 35 weeks and under!

No drugs births Lock

Congrats on all 3 drug free births iv only had 2 so far Hope for your 4th its uncomplicated and d...

1 reply

Drug free is great! I did 8 hours of labour with just acupuncture, that worked well. Good luck

newedition

2nd baby Lock

Hi everyone, just wanted to share my birth story. My first birth I didn't cope so well and didn...

3 replies

What a great story- thanks for sharing! Gives me encouragement for labour in 10weeks I am feeling positive but it still helps heari...

Candy_Corpse

My calm birthing Lock

Five weeks prior my due date I attended calm birth classes in order to continue my stress/pain fr...

1 reply

That sounds lovely. However our babies are born it is so empowering to know you have created and birthed this new life, but to have ...

Windmill

Water birth and tearing. Lock

So I have read a few times (in not very significant places but I can't find anything more factual...

20 replies

My first birth, in Australia, was a "dry birth" too and I had a 4th degree tear--totally uncontrolled, bubs came out in 1 push! My ...

Kat + 3 Kittens

Random question RE: delayed cord clamping Lock

I'm sorry if this question sounds naive or has been asked before, but it's something that I can't...

10 replies

lol @ "bossy tart" ... when you're in labour it doesn't count I have thought about a doula and reading your post definitely makes ...

C_hippie_kiwi

Thoughts Lock

Victorian mother dies after homebirth All I can think is how sad this is for her family..and how...

21 replies

Yes I do get this but I think the article is just working to counter the media attacks by "manipulating" said stats as the anti-hom...

sofiesarasmama

The story of my third birth :) Lock

This pregnancy was the hardest. At 23wks discovered a kidney stone which couldnt be removed till ...

9 replies

What a lovely birth story!! and Happy birthday to the new addition!!

mumaof3

so excited Lock

Hey ladies, just wanted to come on here and share my excitement! I am preggers with #4 and am fi...

4 replies

I'm so happy for you! I'm going for my second thins time around, I am so looking forward to it

pennys2011

We had our baby :) Lock

I've posted about homebirth before and asked lots of questions - really appreciated the answers i...

20 replies

congrats! love the name sounds like a wonderful positive birth well done. yay now we can whinge together about sleepless new borns ...

c+3.5

looking for the rainbow relaxation cd - hypnobirthing Lock

Howdy ladies AS we cant afford the classes and there is no practitioner around here, I am trying...

18 replies

Hi all I know this is an old thread but I just thought I'd share an online link to stream and download the MP3 for the Rainbow Rela...

Teagan84

Homebirth for 3rd child Lock

Hello ladies! Firstly we have just found out we are expecting number 3 in July next year and thri...

4 replies

Wow thankyou so so much for your kind words it is very helpful. I think you have just told me what i already knew and to be honest ...

mumaof3

For all the mums who have homebirthed... Lock

Hey ladies, I have been wanting a homebirth since our second bub but due to where we were livin...

7 replies

I had a planned unassisted birth with my third child about a year ago, if you want information I highly suggest you join the joyous ...

Jess@nz

Pro's and Con's Lock

Ok so I'll try keep this as quick as possible I am currently pregnant with my 4th baby...it will...

6 replies

hey there i am having baby number 3 at home due april and am also epileptic like the above lady with seizures brought on my tirednes...

Windmill

Birthing pool Lock

I am looking for some feedback on La Bassine regular birthing pool (priced at about $200 to buy a...

4 replies

Thank you, I really appreciate the help xx

sofiesarasmama

Natural drug free birth is it possible........ Lock

I'm a little worried that I won't be able to have a natural, drug free birth as I had a stent put...

1 reply

I'm a little worried that I won't be able to have a natural, drug free birth as I had a stent put in my kidney at 23wks and it caus...

justdoit

calm water birth where to start??? Lock

with my ds1 i was induced and never went in with a mind set of doing it drugfree. i begged for an...

6 replies

A lot of hospitals will offer a 'birth centre' program. this is a program run by midwifes. you are allocated to 1 or 2 midwives. Wi...

Vanessa H

Urgent action needed for homebirth midwives - TODAY? Lock

I have just recieved an email from Homebirth access sydney and thought i would post here to see i...

4 replies

I have just recieved an email from Homebirth access sydney and thought i would post here to see if we can get more people to send t...

Vanessa H

Breast Crawl Lock

(I posted this in 2 other sections as well lol just thought i would put it here as well.) I had ...

9 replies

beautiful... seen it and want to do it... hard in cesar though Hi Lola. You can still do the breast crawl. When ds2 would not at...

Cath_Aylward

Student midwife offering extra support for pregnant women Lock

Hi Everyone, My name is Catherine and I am a first year Midwifery student at ACU in Melbourne. A...

Lauren_Adshead

Melbourne Midwifery Student Needs You!! Lock

My name is Lauren and I am a enthusiastic Student Midwife studying at ACU. I am based in the East...

Mum@35

Hypnobirthing Lock

I would like to share my experience with hypnobirthing. I attend to a course and I tried to pract...

2 replies

Thanks!! Yes, it is very nice to be able to remember such a special moment with joy. There are so many people telling you such a hor...

MummyGia

Ultrasounds and homebirth Lock

Hi ladies, I have previously had a homebirth after initially booking my appts with a hospital. S...

13 replies

Hi ladies, I have previously had a homebirth after initially booking my appts with a hospital. So I had all the scans and blood te...

Haylee&Avasmama

Planning a First Time Homebirth Lock

im almost 19 weeks pregnant, and am planning to have a homebirth. ive found my midwife and shes c...

16 replies

i was just wondering when you choose to have a homebirth what do the midwives bring to your home??? as two weeks ago i had my dd a...

connors.mummy

HOME BIRTH Lock

hi there im in nz and we are moving to aussie before this baby is born (due november) and i reall...

8 replies

well if you moved to Western Australia instead of Melbourne.... it's free. The government has a homebirth program called Community M...

Mum@35

Hypnobirthing Lock

I would like to share my experience with hypnobirthing. I attend to a course and I tried to pract...

i would love a drug free positive birth.... Lock

Ok I am not pregnant but DH and I are talking about going back for #4, I will birth in a hospital...

13 replies

My only suggestion is that you find a book called "Birth Skills" by Juju Sundin. She is a physiotherapist who runs course for pregna...

bubby.chat

WATER BIRTHS Lock

I have just recently been considering a water birth for my first bub due in 9 weeks Any experie...

22 replies

sorry, in w.a. we are not aloud to have a water birth. unless you have a homebirth. you can labour in a bath, but they will not le...

Sorcia

Scared to birth at hospital Lock

I am booked into my local hospital for my first baby and I hate it. The head midwife who co-ordin...

9 replies

i had several midwifes over the course of my labour most of them were great but two were horible. one stuck the dripinto the wrong p...

Charli''''''''smummy

Hypnobirthing-Anyone tried it? Lock

Hi, I'm looking at buying the book "Hypnobirthing - The Mongan Method" and want to know if anyone...

3 replies

i havent tried the book, but I did get two sessions of hypnotherapy before my due date. it gave me ideas and skills to keep myslef r...

mummyz boyz

Home Birth Lock

Hi there, wasnt sure if I should post this here or not but we're planning to have a home birth, t...

7 replies

Hi all, I'm only 6wks along but have considered a home birth. I live about 50km from the nearest hospital (which only take women in...

Sumojoe

Medical intervention while birthing Lock

I was just recently reminded of how "intervention-happy" so many of our medical professionals see...

3 replies

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing this. I'm 10 days overdue and although my pregnancy has been completely uncomplicated I'v...