Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Home Births & Drug Free Births

Home Births & Drug Free Births

blueeyedboy

What to ask Lock

Hi ladies, haven't posted on here before but would like a bit of help please. I'm planning a ...

2 replies

yes made sure hes going to be home to meet her to! just trying to get him to actually think about what it is that actually concerns ...

bub12

wrong section sorry Lock

oops wrong section sorry

New no replies Be the first to reply »
*Fiction*

How my baby boy entered the world Lock

Sooo it all started in the early hours of sat 18th , kept getting woken up by period like cramps ...

9 replies

Thank you for sharing. I am really leaning towards a water birth its reeally nice to hear someones story

moni_mummyof_vincent@hotmail.com

okay new to this Lock

okay, so im 17, not sure if im pregnant yet waiting till the next period, so for those with exper...

2 replies

I was 18 when i had my first child , had her by natural birth , i was in labour for 10hours , labour was hell painful YES but i knew...

MummyGia

natural ways to pass baby Lock

i have just found out my baby died three weeks ago and am booked for a D&C next week, does anyone...

4 replies

it actually seems the process has started, i have got period pain and light pink mucusy discharge. a matter of time now i think. tha...

proudmummyof5

Baby #4 (20 minutes labour) Lock

Well baby #4 (Sophie) was born 9 months ago now but having found out im pregnant with #5 i cant h...

7 replies

I think the best thing for you is to talk to your midwife they will be able to talk you through, how to do it yourself I think the m...

Lilee,Ryder&Squidgy

Anyone cut their own babies cord? Lock

I'm thinking that I would like to cut my bubs cord this time round. Has anyone else done this? H...

9 replies

My partner cut our second childs cord, they had given me sintocin due to a traumatic labour and risk of heamorage, it was pretty spe...

bonachella

Help, looking for a midwife in Brisbane Lock

Hello, any help or advise would be great. I am really not wanting to have my baby in a hospital t...

2 replies

Good on you!!! I have had two home births and there is nothing like them. I am from NZ and our homebirth midwives are free, ever tho...

Jr_Turtle

how do i prepare Lock

This is my first pregnancy and I'm pretty keen on a drug free birth (at hospital though) I was wo...

9 replies

I had 2 natural births at home. I prepared by learning as much as could either by reading (anything by janet balaskas and sheila kit...

asha015

My midwife Lock

Hi, I just want to tell everyone about my amazing midwife. I had my first official visit with her...

2 replies

Hi, I just want to tell everyone about my amazing midwife. I had my first official visit with her on Wed and she told me that she w...

My friend is having a homebirth very soon.. Lock

Ok this is NOT a homebirthing debate. I am all for homebirths in the right circumstances. My fri...

7 replies

Im Currently experiencing the same thing. because of my complicated labour last time, the doctor who I have been refered to has said...

Mum of 2 under 1

Has anyone Delayed cord clamping? Lock

Hi, This is our 3rd baby I have had 2 previous drug free births, I would love to delay cord clamp...

17 replies

Yay!! Congratulations!!

Kazz.h

I loved giving birth Lock

Hey, just wanted to ask how many of you actually enjoyed giving birth?? I have two sons, aged 23...

20 replies

i love giving birth. i have four kids. my first was horrible. not going to bore you with that. but when i was pregnant with my secon...

Vanessa H

Those who had a homebirth and hossy birth. . . Lock

How did you cope with the labour part? With DS1 I wanted DH with me all the time and also Mum. I ...

7 replies

I had a hospital birth for my first. I went in after my show went. They were going to send me home after a whole day and night of fa...

alaskah

mums from geelong? Lock

hello was just wondering if there were any mums or mums to be in the geelong area??

2 replies

Hi there, I'm from Geelong. My name is Shaina, I'm married (4 1/2yrs) with two DD's (2yr4m & 10 1/2m) & thinking about a 3rd, but s...

shebeau

Is having gas classed as drug free??? Lock

I am 8 months pregnant with first baby and researching pain relief... This maybe a dumb question...

8 replies

I am 8 months pregnant with first baby and researching pain relief... This maybe a dumb question but... Is having only gas still ...

~CK~

Water births Lock

I'd like to know if anybody had a water birth. I'm considering having one and would like to know,...

74 replies

Hi Leish, I went nude Last thing i wanted clothes in my back while in hot boiling water but I know some women who are comfortable ...

C_hippie_kiwi

New Study Lock

I was just trawling the internet, as you do, and I found this story and of course had to read it....

13 replies

I'm sure the Cochrane database would have something to say about this

C_hippie_kiwi

Homebirth Story on Sunday Tonight Lock

Hi, Not sure how many of you might have seen this story, someone posted it on another board or I...

4 replies

the mother should have been transfered to hospital in this case but how can you say homebirthing in general is not safe? It is safer...

*Frankie*

I am going to start up a home bith debate !! lol lol lol Lock

for me ??? .. I think the idea of a home birth is a lovely and romantic idea ..I like the idea of...

62 replies

OMG - hb midwives carry equipment with them!!!!!! Almost everything you see in the delivery suite of a hosptial is taken to a home...

18min labour, 10lb 12oz bub, drugfree Lock

Our 5th child, Hudson Lee, arrived early Wednesday morning Jan 20th, in a big hurry, weighing 10l...

4 replies

Our 5th child, Hudson Lee, arrived early Wednesday morning Jan 20th, in a big hurry, weighing 10lb 12oz (4880g), 52.5cms long, and ...

*My Sweeties*

FB MUMSGROUP Lock

Hi Everyone, For any mummys on Facebook there is a group called Mummys Place we have 144 members...

noush82

Water injections for back pain Lock

I booked into hospital last week for the birth of my second bub (i'm 29wks). While there the midw...

6 replies

I had these not when i was in labour but just because i had servere back pain and the doctor said it would help and OMG never again...

osmum

Has anyone had a drug free 'back labour'? Lock

During labour with my son I felt all the contractions in my back which was excrutiating. I asked ...

26 replies

sorry prob too long, but anyway.. i dnt know if my babies have been posterior but all i know is that i get pain in both my tummy a...

MummyNicol

Just found out im pregnant Lock

Hello everyone, ivve just signed up to this awesome website as i found out recently i am 4 wks pr...

3 replies

Hi 3_miracles and mumto2ilcuties, Thank u for your replies.. i didnt realise i posted that in the homebirths and drug free births f...

YummyMummy2010

Tilted Uterus Lock

I am pregnant with my 3rd child, and am wanting to have a drug free labour ) With my first 2, i h...

4 replies

I just had my second without drugs, laboured in the bath in water between contractions my partner held me kept my head out of the wa...

Princesses Mummy

HYPNOBIRTHING Lock

Hi ladies just wondering here who has had a hypno birth and if it worked and is worth giving it a...

4 replies

Hi, I read lots of books and listened to relaxation c.d's etc all in the hopes of having a hypnobirth, or at least a calm, quiet, ...

Addi_angel

Drug-free births Lock

Hi lovely ladies, I am wanting to hear from people who have had a DRUG-FREE BIRTH. With DD I had...

37 replies

hey how you guys doin im new to all of this so im not even sure if i have written in the tight place!!!!lol i had a natural birth w...

Vanessa H

My Birth Story Lock

Its in the labour and birth section but thought I would pop it in here as well since it was a hom...

1 reply

Both your boys are gorgeous Vanessa. Well done on the successful home birth. I had our second child (first homebirth) in December ...

97nc

probably a silly question Lock

what happens if you have a homebirth and you need stitches? do you go to the hospital/dr after t...

1 reply

Hi My midwife does all the stitches at home unless its a 4th degree tear (is that the one end to the other tear?) If that happens ...

helloeverybody

Computer virus blocked Lock

Is anybody else getting a block on Trogen Horse Virus. It keeps coming up every minute is anybody...

1 reply

Is anybody else getting a block on Trogen Horse Virus. It keeps coming up every minute is anybody else havin this. Yep, quite a f...

Against homebirths??? Lock

-

46 replies

Fair enough..typical of me to misinterpret a comment that meant one thing and I thought it meant something else. I guess I am so...

catsmeow

can anyone reccomend a GREAT homebirth midwife for gold coast?? Lock

im meeting elizabeth moen tomorrow but just wanting to know if anyone has a midwife they loved an...

1 reply

Hi, I'm on the Sunshine Coast and don't know any midwives on the Gold Coast. Have you tried 'The Big List' on www.homebirth.com.au. ...

Vanessa H

Homebirth Montage I FIXED THE LINK lol Lock

Dear All When you watch the montage please leave a comment, we know these sites are monitored by...

9 replies

Thank you for sharing that im still crying

asha015

Birth Choices Rally Lock

Hi, Sorry for the late notice but there are rallys organsied in most capital cities tomorrow to p...

C_hippie_kiwi

Have you ladies seen this????? Lock

Homebirth 'more risky' than hospital delivery For crying out loud!!! Some of the comments are p...

6 replies

But usually the people saying that Em are people truly believe that the ONLY people capable of 'delivering' babies(hate that word, b...

CHEAP doula avail BRIS 4 Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep births Lock

Pregnant? Cheap doula services offered by student doula (To fulfil my registration requirements)...

2 replies

Hi im just wondering why you are not doing Ipswich hospital? Thanx.

kate_80

Accidental Home-Birth Lock

I had always loved the idea of a home-birth, but unfortunately the resources aren't available in ...

2 replies

Welcome to homebirth! How lovely for you all, congratulations on your newest addition!

Vanessa H

What was your MUST have.. Lock

at your homebirth? I am writting up my list of things I need before during and after. My midwife...

8 replies

Pasta Pot! Great idea. we only have one and a tiny little jug. I need a few more big big pots anyway so they will go to good use. We...

kate_80

Syntocinon Injection Lock

Hi Guys, Just wanted to start a recent post about the syntocinon injection. I think it is unnec...

17 replies

Be aware if you are having the injection on exactly what you are getting. A lot of hospitals now have the policy of giving syntomet...