Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Home Births & Drug Free Births

Home Births & Drug Free Births

Cyathea

Did you use a Doula as support for birth? Lock

I had a trainee doula at my last birth, and she was worth her weight in gold. I would always have...

14 replies

The emotional support an experienced doula can provide during labour is amazing really, and the documented benefits to having one ar...

MyBabes

Help Please Lock

Hi There, I am 28 weeks pregnant and was told I have symphis pubis dysfunction, has anyone else ...

3 replies

Hello. Definately try the chiropractor! They can work wonders for all pregnancy aches and pains. A sacroiliac support belt may also ...

Will your other children be present during the birth? Lock

Self explanatory really - will your older children be present for the labour/birth? Personally (...

11 replies

Thanks Mummys boyz. I like the idea of having my daughter around but having someone on call in case she needs to get away. I guess c...

MARRIED TO A GREEK!

HI ALISON.... Lock

thank you for removing the 'Why" post........

New no replies Be the first to reply »

Another Question. Lock

If you put into perspective how many hours you labour for vs how many hours you will spend loving...

12 replies

Kate, it is true that you and I don't always agree, but right now, I have to say... I think I love you!!! Great question.

Cyathea

Induction of Labour - To Induce, or Not Induce? Lock

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/birth/induction-of-labour-to-induce-or-not-induce QUOTE: a...

36 replies

Posted by: benmar7982 Posted by: Cyathea Everyone who loved their inductions, I fail to see why you are posting in the drug free b...

Kel82

I have an innocent question Lock

hey there lovely mummies Just completely out of my own curiousity... was wondering those of you...

4 replies

My mw in Australia did not carry gas or Peth, if you wanted gas you would have to rent a tank yourself, but no-one I know has ever d...

love*my*girls

How can you choose a drug free/home birth if overdue Lock

With my first bub I went 14 days over before being induced. Im now 32 weeks preg with #2 Now Im n...

12 replies

argh! i think i would start going loony! shouldn't say too much, my next will probably go a long way over if i do! lol

GBS Lock

Hi *kitty*, I had my first baby at home and my IM and I never discussed this.I was completely awa...

7 replies

Hi, I'm not normally in here!! But I saw your post and just wanted to say that I had a + result for GBS when I was having DS, there...

Cyathea

Birth Recommendations From The World Health Organisation (WHO) Lock

For the entire article, follow the link. http://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/birth/recommendat...

9 replies

Yes, I am a kiwi too, and I was also pretty amazed when I saw how things were done here in Australia. LOL

Crunchy Mama

What routine Intervention did you find most annoying/unnecessary? Lock

Hi All After a very brief discussion the other day on routine intervention I just wondered what ...

27 replies

i was fine until the midwife told me that seeing as i had been labouring for 11 hours i must be fully dilated and to sit on the toil...

MARRIED TO A GREEK!

As Home Birthers/Natural Birthing, do you use ..... Lock

Vitamin suppliments during pregnancy and if so which ones? Or do you rely on your body naturally...

16 replies

I used elevit, raspberry leaf,spirulina, arnica to prepare for birth, nettle tea after for the bm which worked great but tasted foul...

when discussing your child's private parts do you call them by what they are? Lock

Well im asking this question cause we call our daughters private parts a fee fee. Don't know why ...

86 replies

ds is aware that some babies are born by c/s, and i am sure the others here have explained that to their children too. however when...

chantelle-and-owen*s_mummy

as "natural" as possible Lock

hey, i was informed by a midwife i first saw (dont anymore, found her too confronting)that becaus...

34 replies

it is one thing to be warned, another thing for someone to scare you. fear will inhibit how you deal with labour and birth and cou...

Cyathea

Brisbane Screening Of "The Business Of Being Born" Lock

Quote from bellybelly.com.au "Birth is a miracle, a rite of passage, a natural part of life. But...

Caesarean Birth Rates Tipped To Rise Lock

The head of obstetrics and gynaecology at the University of Adelaide has predicted that Australia...

10 replies

man that sucks, all for natural just only if it is safe.

Homebirth mummy

Your journey to homebirth/freebirth Lock

So I am curious to know everyone elses journey to a homebirth/freebirth. Was it something you alw...

13 replies

my first pregnancy i did no research, i just assumed it would all happen wonderfully and naturally in my local hospy. it didn't, a...

Did they change the title of this section? Lock

Didn't it used to be ... and unassited birhts?

12 replies

hmm you seem to be pushing peoples buttons alright! See I took your new sig to be about cc - as in wear your baby out so they are so...

Homebirth mummy

Who's had/considering having a lotus birth? Lock

I must admit I don't feel its right for my baby thus far,but It's not completely out of the quest...

17 replies

Thanks for that Crunchy Mama! I can go to bed now I know that! Have a good night! Jo

what happens... Lock

if your having a homebirth and something goes wrong? like your baby isnt breathing (touch wood ne...

45 replies

It is all the same in the end- a wonderful healthy baby. However for me I found myself most disappointed that I wasn't able to birth...

Home birth after emergency C section Lock

Hi *kitty*, I believe you absolutley could. I think mentality at the time is so important and the...

1 reply

i laboured for a similar amount of time and was threatened with a c/sec, but my midwife and mum told the ob to go away in no uncerta...

rapecka

Overdue - how long have women gone over? Thoughts on sweeps? Lock

Hi I was 40 weeks 5 days ago and now for the second time am in great anticipation of meeting my...

5 replies

I know of a woman who went to 44wks. She homebirthed, I don't think too many hospies would be happy with that LOL. Here is her stor...

Whiti Mum of 3

I hadn't planned on a home birth at all Lock

My first midwife was attached to our local doctor's surgery and I found her so abrupt. It was my ...

1 reply

Thanks for sharing your story. Your choice of midwife really is so important huh? I'm waiting to deliver no.2 and have a fantastic m...

StrawberryJane

Good books on childbirth Lock

Hi everyone, I am expecting my 2nd bub and after a 'traumatic' experience with my first i'm loo...

2 replies

'Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering' By Sarah J Buckley 'Childbirth Without Fear' Grantley **** Reid 'Birth Without Violence' Frederick ...

Does it really matter if your gynocologist is a man? Lock

To me i was really happy to have a male doctor deliver my baby felt totally confidant in his abil...

10 replies

That's exactly how I was too, crying with the pain that she was inflicting, this was before I had offered any pain relief at all and...

was your baby born in a public or private hospital? Lock

Both my kids born in a public hospital, found the public sytem first time full of uncaring unhelp...

congratulations to all mummy's Lock

To each and every mummy congratulations on giving birth to your baby it doesnt matter if it was c...

I have questions... Lock

For those HB advocates or maybe you could ask your Midwife... What would happen under the follow...

6 replies

This has been pretty well covered but anyway I am bored so am going to put my 2 bobs in. Bearing in mind I would always consult wit...

Homebirth mummy

What fears did you have surrounding hb and how did you overcome it? Lock

Obviously there is alot of "fear of..."regards hb,so Those of you that have had them,worked throu...

9 replies

Hi homebirth mummy! You are brave going for a homebirth first time round! Congrats. It is such a lovely experience and one I am so ...

Cyathea

The Safety Of Homebirth Lock

Homebirth is safe. There have been numerous studies into its safety, and the outcomes all agree ...

54 replies

In oz, the syntocinon injection is standard for every baby as far as I know, you have to tell them NOT to give it to you in a hospy....

Can some one give me answers?? Lock

Hi! I have 3 little monsters. My two eldest were delivered naturally with no drugs or medical int...

3 replies

I

Crunchy Mama

Why do we get defensive when given information that is different from our own beliefs?? Why is natural offensive??? Lock

Just a question - I am brave I know!!! Or stupid!!!! But I have just read through all the thre...

43 replies

I think as we grow up, it is almost ingrained in us that the medical profession are the experts on health, and that they know all th...

in regards to hospital birthing and intervention Lock

Something has really been bugging me in regards to the way that some of the home birth advocates ...

4 replies

A certain number of CS's will always be required - that's a given. The challenge is to get the number down to the 15% recommended by...

Cyathea

"I want a natural birth" Subtitled: "I don't want Lock

Damn. The title went funny. It should read: Subtitled: "I don't want a caesarean" I am terrifie...

4 replies

I just wanted to say thankyou for some of the ideas in trying to avoid a c section. I agree with everyone who has said, any informed...

Kazza02

Just a question..... Lock

I wanted to ask this in the "NATURAL BIRTH" thread but I couldn't reply to it for some reason.. ...

6 replies

In answer to the opening question.. I think there are 2 sides to this pheonomenon which you are describing where IVF leads to a high...

Altnerative views Lock

I have to ask this (I am not pro/anti any type of birthing method I think what works for you is r...

16 replies

Ricki76, do you honestly think that people base the decision on whether to vaccinate or not on the results of a google search!! I d...

Cyathea

Natural birthers - what coping methods did you use Lock

I've had two births without pain relief now, both planned as homebirths, and I knew from the get ...

18 replies

i would go for a homebirth, but it expensive Where abouts are you Taleena. Elijahs mum? There may be a publically funded homebirth p...

Crunchy Mama

Moved:Do You Vaccinate & Why? Lock

This post has been moved to another forum.

Cyathea

"You Can't Have A Homebirth Because..." Mythbusting. Lock

This article covers the following things, which many people believe (wrongly) will definitely ris...

8 replies

Moo & Bubbles Mummy I'm sorry you experienced that,how frightening. It sounds like you had a good birth(except for the haemorrage)....

Cyathea

Article: Why does the national US C/S rate keep go Lock

This article is equally as pertinent to us in Australia, where our c/s rate is actually higher th...

2 replies

What a great article, very informative! Do you have a take home copy?