Huggies Forum

Caesarean Births

Huggies_Moderator

About this forum

Hi everyone, This forum has been created for members to exchange their questions, experiences a...

7 replies

Thanks Christina I finally have been booked in for a cesarean, had to see an obstetritian who listened to my reasons behind my decis...

Lily-lynnette

Has anybody been told they have a thin uterus?

Hi I have had 3 c sections and on the 3rd I was told that it was very thin. This baby has been a...

5 replies

Ive had 3 caesars 1st emerg 2nd elective not by choice (head too big to engage) 3rd coz of thin uterus scar tissue was only 2mm i wa...

How many Csections have you had.

Hi Kals84 I am trying to conceive my fourth child which will also be my fourth C-section. I'...

7 replies

Hi I have 7 c sections on to my 8th in about 4 weeks

HuggiesModerator

Did you (or do you want to) have an elective c-section?

Tell us your story!

3 replies

Don't feel u r a failure I have had 8 c section and I get a bit of hassle from mid wifes it started at fetal distress to bub be...

Shell_Beyer_1994

What can I do to go back to having a flat belly 17 months after pregnancy?

Hi i had a baby girl 17 months ago now and I have tried everything to get rid of my flabby belly ...

2 replies

We've some tips to get you started here: https://www.huggies.com.au/parenting/womens-fit... As mentioned above, Michelle Bridg...

Lauramunro_Nz

I am currently trying to conceive first baby.

Hi all, I am currently TTC our first baby. I know for my own personal reasons that I want to have...

1 reply

Privately with obstetrician.

Mrsvictoriasimmons

Overdue - C Section vs Induction

I am currently 30weeks pregnant and have been thinking more about what I would like to do if i en...

13 replies

Can i just add to all of the above that your due date is nota definitive time that you should have your baby. It is an estimate only...

LMK16

elective c section for first time mum ?

Hi, I am a FTM and am currently 38 weeks and really want an elective c section. My reasons for ...

4 replies

Congratulations! I'm also not a doctor, nurse or midwife so as somebody else said - this is merely advice stemming from my pers...

Ke_Z_1

Traumatic birth and deciding a elective c section

I have a little toddler she's just over 2 years old and am due with my second another little...

8 replies

It took a lot of asking and stuffing around but i got to have an elective c section what went in my favour was that my little girl w...

2long

Elective C-Section in NZ do these exist??

Hi, I'm in NZ and desperate for an elective C-Section and my midwife told me NZ does not do these...

37 replies

AOC - Auckland Obstetrics Clinic. Will do elective ceseareans with no medical issues. There is a charge for their service.

Tiffany_Gitsham

Elect - out of pure deep fear

Afternoon ladies. This is my first forum reply ever and I'm currently experiencing my first ...

4 replies

Hi there, I had to have an emergency c-section with my first. I'm currently pregnant with my second. At a recent on appt I aske...

Baby #3

Accreta?

Hi, I'm 20 weeks with my third baby. I have had two c-sections and now may have placenta acc...

1 reply

Placenta accreta is a general term used to describe the clinical condition when part of the placenta or the entire placenta, too dee...

minibee

Steroids for a 38 weeker?!

Wondering if anyone has heard of this or had experience with it? I am booked to have a c-section ...

23 replies

Sorry just realised this is a super old thread!

zza2014

Elective c-section

I am expecting my 2nd baby. My first delivery was an emergency c-section. I have been advised tha...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Chloe2015

Pain

I am currently 4 weeks pregnant and have been getting cramps that come on so suddenly making me f...

1 reply

I'm only on to bub no.2 but I had similar sounding pains when I was between 14 and 20 weeks pregnant. Sometimes it would get so...

kabaty

Cesarean after VBAC

Hi, I've searched the net first but I'm having trouble finding anyone in a similar situ...

1 reply

I think baby number 5 with previous caesarean is a sufficient medical reason for an elective caesarean to be done. Even if you'...

foxfelix

Planned c-section at how many weeks?

Hi all, I'm curious as to how early planned c-sections are usually booked? I've been t...

6 replies

Hi OP, here in Australia they don't book scheduled sections any earlier than 39 weeks, providing mum and baby are going well wi...

Chelsey6000

Wanting elective caesarean in public hospital, to prevent my prolapse from getting worse, not pregnant yet.

Help! I am 25 and wanting to get pregnant again but I am a stay at home mum, and can't affor...

4 replies

Not sure where you live, but here in Australia the public system is fabulous. If there is a medical reason you need a ceasar or you&...

littlehenster

Is the recovery from a second C Section less painful and quicker than the first?

Hi, I am just after the opinions of those who have had more than one c section about how the sec...

7 replies

I just had my second c/s 5 days ago. Out of hospital after the standard 4 days for a ceasar, however the pain this time was much wor...

Tegan2good

3rd pregnancy

Hey all So im looking for some guidence and experiences. My first pregnancy was ceasar due to pla...

JoJo1981

2nd Caesarean

Hi, My last bub was born elective C Section and was a wonderful experience, My Midwife(male) was ...

4 replies

I think it depends on the person and situation. My first c-sect recovery was horrid and took awhile for pain to ease. My 2nd was a b...

Erin_516

Would you choose public or private for a caesarean birth?

Hi all, I am currently 34 weeks pregnant and my bub is breech. I am aware he could still turn aro...

7 replies

Congrats. Great to hear that all went well. I hope that you had a great recovery and that you and your little man are doing great now.

Imee_Atwork

tail bone pains / back pain relief

It's been 4 weeks since i had my emergency c-section , and I am feeling pain on my back espe...

3 replies

Buy a $20 belly band off Ebay. Ive still got mine and just love it. Id put it on (i used it immediately after surgery to push everyt...

Chelsey6000

Private health just for pregnancy with an elective Caesarian, prices, who to go through, info?

I want another baby but want an elective Caesarian because of my 1st degree uterine prolapse. I w...

1 reply

Hi, I dont know much about the prolapse side of things as to whether that allows you the option of a c-section in public hospital, t...

mummypride

pregnancy after uterine rupture

Hi all I have 4 kids last 2 were born via emergency c sections. I tried to have a vbac with bub n...

Staki_85

Thin uterus-pregnant with 4th-have had 3 c sections

I'm wondering if anyone has been told they had a very thin lower section of the uterus and g...

17 replies

Congratulations on your little man Thank you very much for getting back to me and I'm so glad everything went well for you both.

PrettyLittlePearl

Looking for an Ob for Greenslopes

I will only be arriving in QLD at approx 37weeks and will be having a scheduled c section. As I w...

1 reply

Hi there, I have been attending Greenslopes Obstetrics and Gynaecology since 7 weeks into my pregnancy. Dr Kenny is one of the Ob&#x...

happymumma3

tubal ligation after a c-section

Hi Members, I am booked in the have bubs #3 via c-section in july and this will definately be ou...

Mira866

Perth Obs and hospital?

Hi ladies (gents?) New to this forum so I hope I'm posting in the correct section. We are...

1 reply

Hi Mira, I can recommend both Dr Brian Molloy and Dr Colin Blair at St John of God Murdoch. I had Dr Molloy for 8 months and then tr...

Lily-lynnette

Logan public system vs mater public system

Hi all I was told to have no more as I had a premmie and I have had 4 csections however I was sur...

3 replies

Friend of mine had her baby at logan few days ago and said it was the worst experience ever.

Mrs_Atkinson

BAC clinic at hospital

Hi all, My MW has told me i will be referred to the BAC clinic at chch womans as i had an emerg...

1 reply

i have my appt on the 30th so following this topic too are you going to have a vbac or elective section?

JBear

Vaginal Birth v's C section

Hi all, Just wondering about the props and cons of vaginal birth v's C-section? I had a va...

7 replies

Hi there, We are due in April also. With my first I had an emergency c-sect due to Foetal distress and failure to progress. Our sec...

Davensabree

Port Macqaurie Hospital

Hi I am wondering if anyone has had any recent experience with a c/section at Port Macquarie Hosp...

Davensabree

John Hunter Hospital

Hi I am wondering if anyone has had any recent experience with a c/section at JHH? I need to elec...

Gabby2581

Three years after my Emergency Caesarean..

Hi Mums, It's been almost three years since I gave birth to my son. He is our only child cu...

8 replies

That's great that your doctor finally listened to you. So pleased that you got an appointment to see someone and get this prob...

FrankleCat

Advice about C Section at Nambour Public Hospital?

Hi Mums and Mums to be!, I will be relocating back to the Sunshine Coast after many years as an ...

Megan___Elise

Caesarean in public hospital (Nambour General)

Hi mummies! So after a very traumatic birth with my first we have decided to have a caesarean thi...

4 replies

Hi! Sorry I won't be any help to you. I ended up having a natural birth with an epidural. If you really are wanting to have a c...

Bobbie4n

Elective c section frowned upon.

I'm having so many problems trying to get a GP to support me and help my choice of an electi...

25 replies

bobbie4n... im just curious, did you get your csection? im in nz and an going elective this time, first was emergency after a very l...

babybaluga

does a caeser affect breastfeeding

has anyone found a caeser affected their breastfeeding?? I have a pacemaker and a medical issue ...

4 replies

Thanks ladies. Thats awsome to hear. I loved breastfeeding my first and hope to do the same with this one.

freckles84

Tubal Ligation Pro's and Con's

Hi Mummy's I was wondering if anyone has any bad side effects from having their tubes done? My s...

15 replies

I had my tubes tied 13months ago now and my periods have reverted back to before I had my first child. so they are kind of nasty. I ...