Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Number of c sections??? Lock Rss

How many c sections are you aloud to have? i had my 1st baby by emergency c-section and i plan to have c sections in the future for the rest of my future babies. I plan to have about 3-4 childrens.

How many c sections are you aloud to have? i had my 1st baby by emergency c-section and i plan to have c sections in the future for the rest of my future babies. I plan to have about 3-4 childrens.

I've had 3 c-secs. 2 emergency & 1 elective.

Mum always told me that 3 was the limit but my obst "checked" when I had DD and said everything was fine for at least 1 more. I think they check for how the scar is holding out, how strong the scar tissue is, how the muscles are looking.

HTH. I'm sure there are more women on here that will be able to give you more accurate info grin

I've had 3 c-secs. 2 emergency & 1 elective.

Mum always told me that 3 was the limit but my obst "checked" when I had DD and said everything was fine for at least 1 more. I think they check for how the scar is holding out, how strong the scar tissue is, how the muscles are looking.

HTH. I'm sure there are more women on here that will be able to give you more accurate info grin

I'm not sure, but a lady I know is having her 4th child in a few months and her first three babies were born by c-section - I'd say, as Teresa mentioned above, that it would depend on how it has all healed from before smile
I have had 3 ( for 3 different reasons) my ob said I could have another 1 maybe 2 but we are done!I heard somewhere that one of "Kennedy's" had 13 and that was in the 50's or 60's and I dont think that medical procedures would have been as advanced as they are now.Speak to your ob and see what he says.Good luck with it all.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi,

my sister has had 5 c-sections, and can have another if she wants but she has been told the risks of having repeat c-sections.

My best friend has had 5, she has always dreamed of having 6 kids, but she might not be able to have number 6, once her baby #5 is a bit older she will go and speak with the doctors in more detail and then make a decision if she can have #6 or not
I think you'll find that it varies from care provider to care provider; some may "let you" have 3, some may let you have 6 or more. having said all that the risks go up the more of them you have. For example, your risk of a birth related hysterectomy is FIVE times higher with your 4th section than your 2nd.

**i have had 2 caesars 1 emergency and 1 elective with 2 different scars

**my mum has had 3 in the middle of the 8 kids she has( i am the oldest)but has been told she can have more but the contractions and period pains get worse with every child she said, but with number 8 mum only just made it to hospital 2 contractions and he was out in the middle of emergency room-she only just got her pants off(thats how quick it was but way worse pain wise)

HI,
I've had 4 C-Sections ( 1 emergancy and 3 electives), I think it goes on yourself and how you heal to each one as to how many they might let you had as I was told by my Obs I could have up to 4 depending on how I went with each one etc, well I got my 4 children but was told after my 4th that would be it as my lining now is very thin and if there was to be a 5th alot of organ problems could happen from damage to them as they get moved each CS so its alot on them aswell, I know this 4th time it took them so much longer to stitch me back up as the scarring tissue was so thick from the others I have had. But you are best to talk to your own doctor/Obs and discuss your options on how many you could be able to have.

Hi, I have had 4 c-sections, the 1st one was an emergency as he was in distress,2nd I was going for a vbac, wasn't dialating properly, so that one ended up being an emergency and the last 2 were elective. while I was at an appt when i was pregnant with my 4th, I noticed on my notes that the scar was thin from my 3rd one, this scared me a bit, but all was well and pregnancy and birth were fine, no complications.

I've had 3 c-sections. 1st was emergency, then fell preggers 5mths later with identical twins and as the scar was still 'fresh' their was a bit of concern esp since i was now carrying twins. Had a scan every single week to make sure the scar was still able to support the pregnancy. Had a c-section with the twins. Fell pregnant with baby #4 7.5 years later and was hoping and praying that i could go 'naturally' however they were very reluctant to let me do and asked me to sign a waiver in case something went wrong. Said they would only consider it if I went into natural labour before my c-section date. Was due to have that on the monday, started labour the friday before and spent a very uncomfortable weekend in and out of labour but i loved it! Went into hospital at 6.30am monday morning and had her via c=section a few hours later. sad. She was very healthy though and thats what counts. OB said definatly no more children as my scar would not hold up to another one. He cut the last one from the twins out and gave me a nice new fresh one thats nice and thin.
Sign in to follow this topic