Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

public free c-section Lock Rss

heya thought id let people know i went to OB today

was booked for electice c-section in public hosp 2weeks before bubs is due smile

i just raised my concerns about after a natural birth and how i didnt want to deal with that. she said she completly understands and thought it was in the best interest of my baby and me to have a c-section

so thought id let people know if you want a c-section and you have valid concerns you probly dont have to pay for one.

i dont want people to start going on about c-sections being bad or whatever this is just info for anyone that wants a c-section that cant afford one and doesnt have a medical reason.

this is in NZ smile

heya thought id let people know i went to OB today

was booked for electice c-section in public hosp 2weeks before bubs is due smile

i just raised my concerns about after a natural birth and how i didnt want to deal with that. she said she completly understands and thought it was in the best interest of my baby and me to have a c-section

so thought id let people know if you want a c-section and you have valid concerns you probly dont have to pay for one.

i dont want people to start going on about c-sections being bad or whatever this is just info for anyone that wants a c-section that cant afford one and doesnt have a medical reason.

this is in NZ smile

I'm glad to hear your OB is going to support your decision, and as a public patient, thats fantastic!!!

As a taxpayer I am happy to pay for those that are less fortunate than others, its what you do in a society. Your person reasons for wanting a c-section are yours alone, they do not need to be justified. Wishing you all the very best for the rest of your pregnancy and a happy and healthy bub!
The most important thing about birth is that mum and bubs are happy and healthy. Wish you all the best and a quick recovery from your c-section.

?
Who is your OB and where? I am having such trouble planning mine.
thank you thank you thank you!! I have been researching this all morning. I have had two natural births, but the last one has left me absolutly terrified of doing it again. Unfortuantly I can't afford to go private with number 3, and with 10 weeks to go now I am totally freaking out!! I am due to see my GP this week and will try for a referral to an OB. At the end of the day, its my choice isnt it - and I really don't think it is in my best interests (or my baby girl) to try naturally again. Still traumatised from the last one!

thank you thank you thank you!! I have been researching this all morning. I have had two natural births, but the last one has left me absolutly terrified of doing it again. Unfortuantly I can't afford to go private with number 3, and with 10 weeks to go now I am totally freaking out!! I am due to see my GP this week and will try for a referral to an OB. At the end of the day, its my choice isnt it - and I really don't think it is in my best interests (or my baby girl) to try naturally again. Still traumatised from the last one!

I had one c-section because bubs was breech, one because I failed to progress when I tried for VBAC and with the last one I elected to have a c-section again. I had a long labor with my 2nd bub and the chances I would have a failed VBAC again were high. All of my c-sections were free.
i had an elective csection for DD in a private hospital and it cost me no more then a normal delivery. my OB fee for either delivery was $1400 of which i got over $400 back from medicare. for the personal care i recieved from my 1 OB during my entire pregnancy and the expierence in a private hospital i would do it all again. it really doesnt cost that much when you think about having 9mths to pay it off.

i had an elective csection for DD in a private hospital and it cost me no more then a normal delivery. my OB fee for either delivery was $1400 of which i got over $400 back from medicare. for the personal care i recieved from my 1 OB during my entire pregnancy and the expierence in a private hospital i would do it all again. it really doesnt cost that much when you think about having 9mths to pay it off.
Sign in to follow this topic