Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Tubal Ligation Pro's and Con's

Tubal Ligation Pro's and Con's Lock Rss

Hi Mummy's smile
I was wondering if anyone has any bad side effects from having their tubes done? My sister had it done and while she says she doesnt regret it, she does admit to hating her menstral cycle. She said that her period pain is excessive compared to before, and that the flow has increased dramatically. I want to get my done when number 4 is born, but not if it's really this bad. If anyone has had one done can you please give me some advice about the pro's and cons of it. Thank you
Sorry cant help you, i asked to have mine done and they told me that they wouldnt do it before i was 30 and there reasoning was "what if one of your children die."
I had mine done 10 weeks ago, but I am breastfeeding so I haven't had a full period yet. I did have a some spotting last week and the only pain I got was like a sharp needle type pain near my ovaries. But my SIL told me that she was more bloated pre-menstally and period pain was worse. This is what is worrying me to, since having kids my period pain has gone from severe to manageable and I donn't want to go backwards. My other SIL said she just gets more bloated. Everyone is different.
Hi all,

I had my tubes done 9 days ago when i had my 4th c/s and although i haven't had a period yet i had the same concerns and talked to my ob/gyno about it. He said that there are no side effects and the women who have talked about worse pain and more severe periods are usually those who have been on the pill previously and don't realise what their normal cycle is like. Hormones are not being regulated any more so period may go for slightly longer time.

Will have to let u know after i have a period.

Hope this helps.

talked to my ob/gyno about it. He said that there are no side effects and the women who have talked about worse pain and more severe periods are usually those who have been on the pill previously and don't realise what their normal cycle is like. Hormones are not being regulated any more so period may go for slightly longer time.

Will have to let u know after i have a period.

Hope this helps.

When I think of it my SIL that said she had worse period pain after, had been on the pill or some form of contraception for years. I've never been able to use any form of contraception, due to bad reactions. So be very interesting to see what does happen.
Thank you so much for your help. This is baby number 4 for me, but I'm still skeptical on tubal ligation...I'm scared if I get it done I'll regret it later. I dont want any more babies, but then again thats what I said about my last little one lol. I have a hospital appointment in a couple of weeks so I'll speak with my midwife and ob...hopefully they can shine some light on it too lmao. grin
Hi there,
I had my tubes tied after my 3rd bub - 14 months ago.
My experience - my periods are much, much heavier, and I get period pain which I never did before.

Getting my tubes tied was also a real roller coaster of emotions which I wasn't prepared for - no one told me I might get a bit emotional about it!! I didn't want anymore children and still don't - but for about 10-11 months I was questioning getting them done, suddenly wanting more kids etc. I've got my head around it now and am glad that I got them done - but it did take me a while to settle into it.

Best of luck.

Jess - Deklan 2005, Gabrielle 2007 & Campbell 2009

had tubal ligation after c section 10 months ago i didnt notice any real changes in my periods however I am now 11wks pregnant..... Good luck with your decision.....
OMG did I read that right maudstar94 you had your tubes tied and fell pregnant???? Im panicking now as I had my tubes tied after my caesar 3 months ago and thought I would be totally safe blink
Does anyone know what age the do start tying your tubes??

OMG did I read that right maudstar94 you had your tubes tied and fell pregnant???? Im panicking now as I had my tubes tied after my caesar 3 months ago and thought I would be totally safe blink
yes you read it right, it was such a shock cos I thought there is no chance of it happening at all... there is a 1% chance so I have since read....
Sign in to follow this topic