Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Elective Caesarian Lock Rss

Hello, That is great news about your sister. Wasn't sure what you meant by "face p". Must have been exciting too see 2 babies deliver. smile

Ooopps was meant to say that the 2nd one was face UP which is why it took her a little longer to be delivered, apparently 2 of the midwives that were assisitng it was their 1st V birth of twins so they were pretty excited and took lots of pics of the placentas and sacks!
I'm 18 weeks pregnant and due to my bad experience with my first want to have another caesarean. My water broke after 2 contractions at 2.30in the morning and by midday had slowed down so by the time I had a drip put in and had a epi I wasnt fully dilated till 2 the next morning being s stubborn little thing she wouldnt come out so I ended up haing to have a caesarean when she arrived she was having breathing difficulties. She is now 5 months 2 weeks and 6 days old you would not know her delivery was difficult. So whan I found out I was pregnant the first thing I said to my GP was I wanted a caesarean birth so he put it in my referal so I'm hoping that the public hospital I'm going to will allow it but I'm going to stick to my guns. Hope you get what your after

Ooopps was meant to say that the 2nd one was face UP which is why it took her a little longer to be delivered, apparently 2 of the midwives that were assisitng it was their 1st V birth of twins so they were pretty excited and took lots of pics of the placentas and sacks!

lol, would have been amusing seeing the midwives taking snaps of the placentas & sacs...lol

I'm 18 weeks pregnant and due to my bad experience with my first want to have another caesarean. My water broke after 2 contractions at 2.30in the morning and by midday had slowed down so by the time I had a drip put in and had a epi I wasnt fully dilated till 2 the next morning being s stubborn little thing she wouldnt come out so I ended up haing to have a caesarean when she arrived she was having breathing difficulties. She is now 5 months 2 weeks and 6 days old you would not know her delivery was difficult. So whan I found out I was pregnant the first thing I said to my GP was I wanted a caesarean birth so he put it in my referal so I'm hoping that the public hospital I'm going to will allow it but I'm going to stick to my guns. Hope you get what your after

You must be doing shared care, right? When u mentioned your GP, I'm assuming so. When I visited my GP she also easily said that it's fine if I go for a caesarian, but when it was discovered I was having twins, I wasn't allowed to have shared-care (high risk) and when I booked into the hosp, that's when things changed (but I'm hoping all goes well next week). I definately think GP's are more easy-going about it. So in your case, you'll probably find no hassles in choosing which way u want the baby delivered. Hope all goes weel for you aswell!

I would think that having already had a caeser they would be happy to let you again??? Hope you don't have too much trouble getting the outcome you want smile

lol, would have been amusing seeing the midwives taking snaps of the placentas & sacs...lol

They took them on my sisters camera so I have seen them too tongue Quite gross but so facinating!!!!
I had my first midwife appointment Fri and they said it would not be a problem haing an elective caesarian but it will not be booked in till I'm 34 weeks and they will book me in at 38 weeks to have the c section. Yay
Hey!

Am new to Newzealand and 12 wks pregnant! Absolutely and definitely want an elective c section and was told not available in NZ. angry Only have a midwife now but is it better to opt for shared care or go private? :unsure:May be start another thread? How do i go about getting a c section. Midwife not keen so will have to plan early on as i'm 100% sure i do not want a natural birth! Scares the daylight out of me and am terrified!
Help? unsure

Hey!

Am new to Newzealand and 12 wks pregnant! Absolutely and definitely want an elective c section and was told not available in NZ. angry Only have a midwife now but is it better to opt for shared care or go private? :unsure:May be start another thread? How do i go about getting a c section. Midwife not keen so will have to plan early on as i'm 100% sure i do not want a natural birth! Scares the daylight out of me and am terrified!
Help? unsure

You need to find a c section friendly midwife. Ring around and say you need one. The she should be able to help you with the rest. Youll need an obstitrician but they wont see you until after 20weeks. Im in the process of this too as it is so hard to find someone who will do it without a medical reason but I am so terrified about the birth I cant sleep and I'm having panic attacks so I really hope they dont turn me down.
well...

I had my cs 2 years ago with my son, I was in labour for 27 hours, they used vaccum to get him out and it failed... TWICE!!! I had my baby boy thru cs. Best decision ever, they gave my the baby nicely wrapped, happy, healthy. I took the wrap off and what I saw??? Huge scar on my baby boy's head. Huge circle from the suction cap. I cried and so he did. It was very painful for him and for me. Then he got jaundice. So after very difficult labour we both had diffcult recovery. I'm preggo again. Due in 3 months. I said to my GP, I want cs. No problem. Then I go for hospital appoitment, and of course talk about natural. I say no...the midman goes well we will leave it to the doctor to decide. I go for next appointment and the other midwife says : oh great you agreed for natural birth!' I was like what?! Yep, in my book is written "prefer natural". Im so angry, they can make me have the natural one if i dont want to!!! That's insane! How a man who is a so calles midwife can decide for me, i doubt he gave a birth ever?!

I will wait until I see my doctor, my hubby said he would go with me so we wait and see...
Sign in to follow this topic