Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Placenta Pervia Twice In a Row

Placenta Pervia Twice In a Row Lock Rss

I had my first child at age 26 i thought it would be easy.. Until the doctor told me i had placenta pervia!! Whats that i asked? The nice doctor's english was not the best but i kind of understood what he was saying, and just took it all in my stride..

Things went fine, i was put on bed rest at home at 30 weeks and i had no bleeding.. I found it quite hard to sit around and do nothing for 8 weeks, (i did some stuff around the house but tryed so hard to be good)..

My daughter was to be born by a c-section at 38 weeks i was *** scared.. As i had read a little about placenta pervia, i decided that i didnot want to know any more, as the possibility of things going rong was to much for me to take in..

Now i am pregnant with baby number two and very excited until we went for the 20 week scan, and i find out i have plecenta pervia again..

Great i know way to much this time, as after the daughter child was born, i learnt a lot more about plecenta pervia, as the plecenta was stuck in my cervix, and the doctor had a hard time getting it out.. So i did a lot of reading to learn more about why they had such a hard time getting the placenta out and why i was having problems with my bladder..

But the main reason for this blog is i am trying to find out if other woman have had it twice in a row, as this time i am really worryed about my life and the babys and how to get though the next 20 weeks..
Hi,
I also have it again. Im 23 weeks into my 3rd pregnancy and Im so scared! My 1st born was normal, my 2nd born I was diagnosed with low lying (which moved by the 34th week) and now my 3rd baby is also low lying however this time the placenta is covering my entire cervix.... Im not sure what to make of it. I have a doctors appointment in 2 weeks whom will explain exactly what I need to know, however I have already researched and dont like my findings - no sex, no heavy lifting, possible bed rest, possible bleeding, life threatening for baby and mother, possible c section.... my 1st born was delivered in 3 hours, 2nd born was 51minutes so Im really worried that Ill deliver by ambulance and that I wont be able to get to the hospital in time for an emergency c-section - stupid I know, but Im really worried too. i dont really write on these blogs but I just wanted you to know that Im going through it too.... they say it could move by 34 weeks but in my case its properly covering the entire cervix, really hoping it moves in time.
Good luck with your next scan, hope it moves and you deliver without all the fuss.
T x

I had my first child at age 26 i thought it would be easy.. Until the doctor told me i had placenta pervia!! Whats that i asked? The nice doctor's english was not the best but i kind of understood what he was saying, and just took it all in my stride..

Things went fine, i was put on bed rest at home at 30 weeks and i had no bleeding.. I found it quite hard to sit around and do nothing for 8 weeks, (i did some stuff around the house but tryed so hard to be good)..

My daughter was to be born by a c-section at 38 weeks i was *** scared.. As i had read a little about placenta pervia, i decided that i didnot want to know any more, as the possibility of things going rong was to much for me to take in..

Now i am pregnant with baby number two and very excited until we went for the 20 week scan, and i find out i have plecenta pervia again..

Great i know way to much this time, as after the daughter child was born, i learnt a lot more about plecenta pervia, as the plecenta was stuck in my cervix, and the doctor had a hard time getting it out.. So i did a lot of reading to learn more about why they had such a hard time getting the placenta out and why i was having problems with my bladder..

But the main reason for this blog is i am trying to find out if other woman have had it twice in a row, as this time i am really worryed about my life and the babys and how to get though the next 20 weeks..
Oh man i am so glade that you write, its good to know that there is someone out there in my shoes.. I am scared too!!
My first baby the placenta covered the cervix completely.. i was to do nothing, sit and wait until 38 weeks (no lifting, no sex, no house work, was not allowed to sit in car longer then 30min)
I was very lucky i did not bleed at all, they say that may have been the becouse the plecenta had pluged its self in the cervix it was a good thing.. But not really, as it made it really had for them to remove the placenta from my cervix..

Dont be worred about not making it to the hospital in time bye ambulance.. If the placenta stays (and from my understanding they dont move once they are that low) You will be booked in for a c-section at 38 weeks...
There is a plus to that, you know well in advance what day and time you get to meet your new little one.. Thats the best bit, and not having to wait for your body to do its own thing..lol

You are very lucky with your 2nd pregnancy, it was just a low placenta and moved in time.. Having a c-section i found was a little strange as i went into hospital with a big belly and came out 5 days later with a new baby.. No pushing and pantting needed..
One thing the doctors did not tell me until the day, is that i was not allowed to be awake as the birth is very high risk.. So this time around i understand i will not get to be awake again..
My partner did get to spend a lovely 3 hours with our daughter wile i was being stiched up and waking up..

As i said it is great to here from you, please stay in contact i would love to hear more of your story.. Even email Me christina_lcm@hotmail.com
Hi

I'm 23wks pregnant and have low lying placenta again for the second time as well. Apparently, (been doing lots of reading), its very common especially if you have already had a c-section. My first child, a daughter was born by emergency c-section and I've been told that I must have another one but the placenta has also attached itself to my last caesar scar which is very risky. I'm being scanned every 2 weeks and going through the hospital system - they are very good. I know its hard, but try not to stress (easier said that done, huh??!!) and talk to your midwife or doctor about it. Its good that they're aware and they will be watching you and your bub carefully.

All the best.
Sign in to follow this topic