Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Previous Csection infection, facing another possible csection

Previous Csection infection, facing another possible csection Lock Rss

Hi ladies..

Has anyone had a csection and an infection of the wound and gone on to have another csection with no infection? I'm overweight so I have a hanging tummy. I'm petrified of getting another infection this time around and ending up back in hospital without my baby (like what happened with DD).

What are some things I can do to prevent it, from you ladies who have been through this before?

Thanks

i havn't had a scar infection but i had a infection from left behind placenta i was back in hospital for 3 nights cos i haemorrahaged pretty badly but i was able to take baby how horrible you couldn't i would talk to Dr and hossy about your concerns and find out ways to avoid it and about taking baby to hospital with you if it was to happen again..
Hi there, I had an infection in my wound after my first emergency csection. I ended up back in hospital on a drip for three days!!
I had an elected ceasar 6 months ago & made sure they knew what happened the first time. They thought the infection could of been a reaction to the betadine!! . I still got a bit of a reaction the second time, but I was given antibiotics as soon as I had my boy so it wasn't as bad. Although my husband, my first son & myself got whooping cough the day no2 came!!!
I ended up with internal bleeding from the coughing & my husband wrote off his car while having a coughing fit!!! THANK GOODNESS our little one didn't get it... Just let your docs know what happened & I'm sure you will be fine!!!!! Don't stress about it, it's no good for you or your bub!!! And make sure everyone you know has a whooping cough booster. You are going to have a lot more pain if you have another csection too, so when they offer pain relief...take it. But as you know us women can do anything & somehow we get through what ever is thrown at us.
Good luck with number two, hope all goes well...and rest well xx
Carli(-:

Hi ladies..

Has anyone had a csection and an infection of the wound and gone on to have another csection with no infection? I'm overweight so I have a hanging tummy. I'm petrified of getting another infection this time around and ending up back in hospital without my baby (like what happened with DD).

What are some things I can do to prevent it, from you ladies who have been through this before?

Thanks

im in the same boat as you i had an infection after an emergency csection and im so worried about it happening again although i never ended up back in hospital it did take ALOT longer for the wound to heal because of the infection. im having my csection on the 19th, so ill be wathching this post till then
Hi. I had a C section as well, times 2. 2 Emergency caesars is really crap. First time I had cord prolapse and second my body just didn't want to labour. Was so upset that I had to have another c section as i took so long to recover the first time round (a full week in hosp). But DS2 and i were out of hospital after 3 nights, wasn't has painful second time round.

I had several internal and an external infection with my DS1. But that finished after 12 weeks. This time round, I have had 3 infections, one external and 2 internal.
The dr thinks that i have had a reaction to the stitches. The last infection cleared up 4 days ago (only 8 weeks this time round) and I hope that nothing else crops up.

Infections can be fixed and when you know what to look out for you are more prepared. My tummy overhangs as well, Just make sure that you give it plenty of fresh air time, easier said than done. But that just seems to help heal the scar better.

I hope that everything goes well and that you don't have any infections.

Goodluck, hope the birth goes smoothly.
Kat
Thanks for all your replies.

My baby boy is now 3 weeks old. So far I have no infection. I have been on antibiotics since leaving the hospital. My wound has opened up a bit on the left and is slowly starting to close. I also had some problems with chaffed skin in the middle which peeled back the superficial layer of skin above my incision so I've been having to apply antibiotic cream on it. I clean 2/3 times a day with betadine and apply the cream twice a day. So far so good with no infection and I'm doing my best to keep it that way til the opening closes up.

Sign in to follow this topic