Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. can you elect to have a caesar

can you elect to have a caesar Lock Rss

For medical reasons, not just the hell of it.

Just curious smile
lol most c sections are for medical reasons. yes you can in NZ.... have no idea about aussie

I think you can also elect to have a caesar if you have good reason to on your first baby too.....

i have had 3 one emergency and to apparently elective........ even though one was prem and one was because i had already had 2 c sections...
i dont have any experience (this is only my first) but where i live even as a public patient if there are good reasons you can elect a ceaser. not sure what constitutes a good reason though smile
im in aus sorry smile
I dont know from my own experiences as I had two natural births in private hospital.

But one of my friends had an emergency C-section in a public hospital and elected to have her second baby as a c-section, which apparently was also recommended by the clinic doctor anyway.

So, I *think* that if you have a medical reason, you can.

His Royal Highness, Prince William

I don't think you can in public, only private.

yup you sure can, i did. no medical reason either, just what i wanted. i was public. in NZ
If there is a medical reason you would need one they would probably recommend it anyway. I had elective for my second after an emergency cs with the first I'm in NSW.
On medical grounds, going public - yes
Hi im in NSW i had one emergency csar then i had one natural then two elective csar no medical reasons had no car lived away from hospital wanted my other kids to be ok and sorted so i knew what was going on and i was public
If there is a medical reason they know about proir to birth then u will have a C-Section. pre-eclamisia or something like that.

But they wont if its because you dont want a natural birth.

I had an emergency C-Section with my DS and Im electing to have another one for this bub as i cant be induced due to the first c-section and i dont want to be travelling an hour in labour to the hospital where i have to give birth. smile

If there is a medical reason they know about proir to birth then u will have a C-Section. pre-eclamisia or something like that.

But they wont if its because you dont want a natural birth.

I had an emergency C-Section with my DS and Im electing to have another one for this bub as i cant be induced due to the first c-section and i dont want to be travelling an hour in labour to the hospital where i have to give birth. smile

@ Glamour Babe - is there a particular reason you cannot be induced? Is it just an individual circumstance? Sorry just asking as I had 'elective caesar' with my first as he was breech, this time fingers crossed bub stays in the right position I can try natural, and curious if I've had a caesar and go over if induction is possible...?
To answer original question, as I just said, mine was classed as elective caeser,and I was/am public patient don't quite know why they class some as elective, but my boy was breech, and doc clearly didn't want to risk an emergency one anyway.

Sign in to follow this topic