Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

2nd caesarian? Lock Rss

Hi everyone. I had an emergency caesarian for my first bub. I laboured, pushed forever, the OB tried the vacuum and my baby didn't seem to fit. So hence the caesar. I found the whole experience quite traumatic. I was so worried about my baby during the time it took for me to get into surgery. I just wanted him to be born! I am now pregnant with my second. My OB says that if the baby looks to be big that I should have another caesar. I am worried about the possible complications of caesarians for mum and bub, but I don't think I could handle a repeat of my first labour. I was just wondering what other people's experiences have been.... that are in a similar situation to myself. Thanks for your help.
Hi,

I had an emergency ceaser with DD1 due to her being stressed and when they broke my waters she had pooed so they just wanted to get her out quickly, i had been labouring for 13 hours (after bing induced) and had only dialated 4cms so they thought it would take too long to progress.

When I was pregnant with DD2 my ob asked me if i wanted to go natural or have a repeat ceaser, I was seriously considering going natural but then was given a facts sheet on VBAC and was reading up on it and it said "its best to wait at least 2 years before VBAC as your scar can split) which i know this can happen anyway, but there is 21 months between my girls so that sorta of scared me a little so I booked in for a repeat ceaser.

The choice is totally yours, and just remember, every labour can be different so next time may not be as bad, i would also consider what your recovery was like after your ceaser, for me the choice was easy to have a ceaser again as I recovered very quickly after my first one (was driving 2 weeks after having both girls). I also figured I already had a ceaser and knew what it was going to be like so i wasn't going into another birth not knowing what was going to happen.

What is the age gap between your children?

Good Luck with the decision
Cheers for your response. The age gap will be right on 2 years. Hmmm, didn't know about the whole 'splitting scar' thing. Sounds fab?

I was in a lot of pain after the emerg c. I have heard that recovery from an elective is a bit better. Hopefully true?

Is the second scar placed on or next to the first?
Im in a similar boat i had an emergancy c-section with my first after 19 hours of labour only got to 8cm when my son decided to retreat n head back to hard basket for him lol
this time around im scared that i will end up witht he same situation i dont want to go thro another 19 hours to rushed in for a c-section anyway i have talked to a lot of mums n been told that a planned c-section is a lot easier to deal with everyone is calm speacially bub n you can get ur head around if bc its preplanned i have to meet witht eh gyno n surgen at 34 weeks to make a final choice but im leaning towards another c-section after lookin at the odds and talkin to my midwife it might just be easier she said that women that have had a c-section next time round the odds are 3 out of 8 will end up with another 5 outta 8 will labour naturally but otta that 5, 15% will have complications n be c-sectioned anyway bc u cant have certin drugs n procedures bc of the original c-section scar ruptur n other side affects
its all just overwhelming n scary as hell!
good luck smile
my first DD was born via emergency c-section after 16 hours of labour that went no where, after it I was sore and could barely walk for nearly a week. my DD2 was born just under 5 months ago via planned c-section. The 2 barley compare. The second planned c-section was so much easier on not only my body but my DP and bub.
I had my 2nd daughter on monday morning and by thursday afternoon I was walking around the supermarket doing the shopping, recovery time was halved at least.
the whole thing was just so much more relaxed, I booked into the hossy monday morning got my gown on and went up to to have my baby about an hour later. the only scary part was have the epi done as i couldn't remember them doing it last time as i was in labour. It hurt alittle but it was ok the docs were all great and very supportive.
I am planning on having number 3 one day and will have to have a c-section once again but this time I will have no worries about it

Cheers for your response. The age gap will be right on 2 years. Hmmm, didn't know about the whole 'splitting scar' thing. Sounds fab?

I was in a lot of pain after the emerg c. I have heard that recovery from an elective is a bit better. Hopefully true?

Is the second scar placed on or next to the first?

my second scar is about a 1/2mm under my first you can't really tell one from the other

I agree with the other posts, first one was an emergency after a really really long labour, and i was traumatised and exhausted, my recovery took forever and i found it hard to bond with bub because of the exhaustion and corresponding feeding problems.
Second time was planned CS, recovery was fantastic, was feeding and bonding before the anaesthetic wore off. It is so much different without the labor beforehand.
Oh, and I think the dr cut out the first scar when he operated, so the new scar just replaced it smile
Sign in to follow this topic