Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

c-section and tubes tied Lock Rss

I am getting my tubes tied here in SA at my third section as this is our last baby. My ob wants to sit down and speak to both DH and I about it but we definately know its our last and that we do not want anymore..

The midwife said to me you can be a bit more vascular once you have had a cesar and could cramp more but she said she didnt feel any different after her's.. I dont think its illegal.. otherwise it wouldnt be suggested.

You'll definitely treat you last baby differently because you know it is your last- They get to be babies so much longer which is in my opinion a very good thing. Enjoy!

@Wild Hibiscus- so ridiculous that they wouldn't do it. Why should you have to go back for another major surgery? Happy to hear your earlier troubles ended up with a baby though. (sorry if I offended, they told me it was an age and amount of children restricted thing and discouraged me since it was only my second child.)

Hey hun

No offence taken at all. I just wish they would listen to the parents & do as they wished. DH has a 12 year old daughter already & I have our DS, but we knew & discussed we would have no more.

The pregnancy was horrific & there was no way in hell either of us was going through that again.

We are just happy to have a healthy & intelligent son.

Lola - I think she said it was illegal purely because this was my first pregnancy & we may change our minds later on. Admittedly, we did think about another, but reality, there is no way. So from that perspective, I think that is where the legalities come from. Anyone who has had more than one child would not have such an issue from my understanding.

Barlow - yes I'm in Australia.
I had my tubes done after having a c-section in April last year. Both my SIL's have done the same thing, but all of us had had more than one kid. Me and 1 of my SIL got a permanent tubal ligation. But my other SIL was younger than 30 so they would only clamp her tubes, even know she has 5 kids.
The recovery it's hard to say with me because I had other complications after the c-section. But my SILs said it was no different to their other c-section recovery wise.

I had my tubes done after having a c-section in April last year. Both my SIL's have done the same thing, but all of us had had more than one kid. Me and 1 of my SIL got a permanent tubal ligation. But my other SIL was younger than 30 so they would only clamp her tubes, even know she has 5 kids.
The recovery it's hard to say with me because I had other complications after the c-section. But my SILs said it was no different to their other c-section recovery wise.

I didnt know there was a difference !!! I dont want anymore children so I want permanent!! I will have to ask more questions when I see the doctor.
thankyou
i am about 10wks off haveing baby number 3 and this one will be by c-section as well i have already got my tubal ligation booked to be done at the same time as my c-section and there were no questions asked at the time when i asked so i never knew that there could be a problem at getting it done.
Having said that though my OB who delivered the second wouldnt do it as she said I was too young when we talked about a third baby and having it. Here in SA my fantastic OB here is happy to do it but wants to talk to DH and I about it. I know I am defiantely NOT having anymore than 3!
Yes I didn't know there was two different types of tubal ligation. Apparently the type I've got is permanent the cut and burn the ends to seal it. I had to sign forms and stuff saying that I understood it was PERMANENT lol. My younger SIL said that they clamp the ends if they deem you to young.
Sign in to follow this topic