Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Caesar scar Lock Rss

Just wondering does anyone else who has had a c section have a scar that is all neat on one side and all like not so neat on the other where the baby is pulled from, the reason I'm curious is a friend and have both had caesars by the same doctor mine nearly 6 months ago and hers 2 years ago and we both have the exact same looking scar. Neat one side and I suppose thicker on the other side (right side) does any one else have this or is this how our dr sews lol
OMG yes! i thought it was just because when it was healing it was a little bit infected on the one side, and looked a bit more red and sore for longer there, so now the scar is more red on one side and thicker.

thinking about it though, yep that is the side that they pulled DS2 out of though...

Yes, mine is like that also. DS is coming up to 3 & what you describe is exactly like mine, a bit thicker on the right side.
omg mine is the same too i thought it was just me lol must just be how it is i guess
Mine's still numb (DD2 is nearly 16mths)... from just under my belly button down to the scar. Apart from that it's quite good.... even tho it does go from one hip bone to the other!
Yes, mine is neat on the left and wonky on the right and a bit numb too.

Mine healed the same on the left and right in the middle it's a big larger and sorta indents but thats because they took my staples out to early and i was stuck up with steri strips
My left sidecis the thicker side but I also bumped it and got a haematoma (my bad) which made it bigger on that side and i still have a numb part as well smile
OMG lol It must be the way it is on most people some one also said it gets thicker on the side the doctor pulls bubs out os as it is stretched a bit is that with any of you guys?
Also does any one have like bubbles around there Caesar scar like it looks like you can pop them but don't dare to as it would probably be very painful!
I'm still very itchy is anyone else still get that itch in the scar?
I don't think I have any numb bits though..

OMG lol It must be the way it is on most people some one also said it gets thicker on the side the doctor pulls bubs out os as it is stretched a bit is that with any of you guys?
Also does any one have like bubbles around there Caesar scar like it looks like you can pop them but don't dare to as it would probably be very painful!
I'm still very itchy is anyone else still get that itch in the scar?
I don't think I have any numb bits though..

My scar is quite tidy hehe, no large parts and i did have a haemotoma so thats surprising really
I think the bubbles are just ingrown hairs??
my first scar looked like someone had got a red pen and drawn a line on me from day one of them taking the staples out.

The second one OMG when they took the staples out the surgeon had overlaped the skin instead of butting it up against each other and it was still open, not to say that the scar from previous c-sec split during surgery.

Am now not far off having third one and am not aloud to lift nothing including 2yr old with broken arm due to a fall and they are monitoring carefully so who knows what will happen.

Will keep you posted.

Mine's still numb (DD2 is nearly 16mths)... from just under my belly button down to the scar. Apart from that it's quite good.... even tho it does go from one hip bone to the other!

You just reminded me that with DS1 I was numb in that area for at least a year and this time (DS2 is 7 months) I'm not numb at all. I wonder why.

But to answer the OP my scar is thicker on the right too. But other than that I'm happy with it. It is mostly white now with only patches of pink.
Sign in to follow this topic