Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Intruding Visitors after C-section.

Intruding Visitors after C-section. Lock Rss

JB85 - At least your DH is on your side. Mine just tries to ignore the problem and if I bring it up, he gets all defensive and I'm made to feel like the evel biarch. I have some great friends that I can vent to though. smile

JB85 - At least your DH is on your side. Mine just tries to ignore the problem and if I bring it up, he gets all defensive and I'm made to feel like the evel biarch. I have some great friends that I can vent to though. smile

Yes i'm lucky in that respect. It did take a while for him to realise what they were doing was really effecting us and our relationship. We don't even see them now - Its bliss. The Family often tells me i should forgive them and how would i like not getting to see my grandkids etc etc, Not one of them has ever thought about how their actions affect me. As someone said to me, wold you let your friends treat you like this? No and i'm not going to let someone make me unhappy just because we have the same surname
(sorry for the rant)
Hi ladies,

I am a bit nervous about visitors myself. when ds was born after a 24 hour non progressive labour and an emergency cs I was beseiged with visitors for the whole week in was in the hospital - namely my in-laws.
They were then when I was hobbling around in pain, trying to shower, learning how to (unsuccessfully - stubborn baby) breastfeed, when my dinner came in, when I was napping... it got so crazy the nurses had to say GO AWAY. Problem is, my hubbys family are all close and he finds it hard to stand up to them. So I had to suffer. THIS time around, they get an hour a day. Then I am putting that sign up on the door, unless the visit has been pre-arranged and is expected. This time is about our recovery. The family have lots of time to get to see and hold the new baby when you go home from the hospital. These guys were so off the show, on the day we came home from the hospital they were waiting at our house and stayed even when i went to have a sleep. So insensitive.

38 weeks and 2 days

Make sure you have a birth plan
Go over it with your midwife
NO ONE , will be allowed in the room without expressed permission especially if you have said no visitors.
I am in agreement though i want either my partner or i to hold our son first. And the only people im happy to see in a terrible state is my Dad, My nana and my partners mother ( whos had 5 kids so she understands ) basically people that i know i wont feel irritated to be around.

I have checked and my MW said if you have said no visitors then none will be allowed in especcially so soon after the birth also no one other than nurses and the parents may hold the child. Something to do with protocol and ensuring the child is safe and not going to be taken .. ect

So dont frett things have changed in that time there are alot more laws to protect you, If you step mother tries to make an entrance security WILL remove her .. even if you are having a c- section your visitors will be screened and run by you - IE make sure your partner is crystal clear if that woman is in the room there are serious consiquences ie. both will be asked to leave and you will have ALONE time with your child... hopefully that makes it CRYSTAL clear
It appalls me that some people are so insensitive or so arrogant that they would intrude upon the most private moment of your life - even after you have requested privacy. Surely anyone would realise that the last thing a new mum would want is UNINVITED guests at this most critical and important time.

I hope all goes well for you, and good luck!
Sign in to follow this topic