Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Will they let me? Lock Rss

I have only just found out i am pregnant, (33wks along) and i am really scared about a naturally birth. I have enough pain when I have sex, (half the time i end up in tears) i dont think i could cope with the pain of giving birth. I have to see my doctor this afternoon and i was going to speak to her about it. Will she let me have one, or will she make me go though the pain? I live in New south wales and i know there is alot of rules about it but im not sure what they are.
Thanks
Wow you could have an epi and pain relief. I have never given birh but they do let you have pain relief.
you do have choices you could tell her you want an epi but would like to see how you go, that way they are prepared to give you it. ask heaps of questions and i'm sure they will give you an information sheet about the risks and benifets of each pain relief available.
Gas will take the edge of your contraction you will still feel them.
but epi durals will numb the whole area so you wont feel a thing and they will strap a belt to your waist and monitor your contractions and tell you when to push.
goodluck with your appointment. congrats.
Okay thanks smile
Okay thanks smile
Okay thanks smile
Most women are scared to give birth, it's a natural fear. Have you spoke to you Ob or Dr about the pain you experience down below. Has this only been since pregnancy? Is there an actual medical condition or is it a phyc problem? You don't have to answer, but these will be things you need to discuss with the doctors. But you do have a choice and can ask for a c-section. If you are firm in your desires and express all the reason why, that should accept your choice. Good luck
Please consider going to antenatal classes at your chosen hospital (?) as these will give you information about the birth, what to expect (before, during and after), birth plans,what to take, and basically getting yourself prepared.

Please consider going to antenatal classes at your chosen hospital (?) as these will give you information about the birth, what to expect (before, during and after), birth plans,what to take, and basically getting yourself prepared.

I found prenatal classes online at my local hopital and i gave them a ring. I have to wait until i see my doctor this afternoon and then she will tell me where to go from there. Thanks
I felt the same way and choose an elective cesar for my first child and recovered very well.Then has a cesar for twins 3 years after.My sister had a cesar and found the recovery very painful compared to a natural birth she had with her first child.Just something to think about recovery time after cesar usually 8-12 weeks.
how did it go? have you had the baby?
Sign in to follow this topic