Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

im having my 2nd c-section... Lock Rss

hey ladies i will be having my second c-section this tuesday 22nd of march 2011 it has been 22 months since my last one just wondering was your recovery longer with your second or did it hurt more??

hey ladies i will be having my second c-section this tuesday 22nd of march 2011 it has been 22 months since my last one just wondering was your recovery longer with your second or did it hurt more??

Well for me it was probably the same amount of pain, but i think it's better when you know what you're expecting if u know what i mean? I found coming home and moving about, I have definitely recovered a lot faster. I am a large person anyway and was expecting it to be a lot more painful, so lucky it wasn't. Best of luck

HI. I had my c/sections 18 months apart. I recovered much quicker with my second one. I think part of it is, you just have to get on with things having another bub to watch as well, whereas with your first you have less to do.
I was off all pain meds by day 8 with my second and it just seemed quicker healing. With my first it took the whole 6 weeks to heal.
The only prob I had with my second and not my first was a reaction to Maxalon which they give for vomiting I think and I had a bit of a crazy moment and was out of it for a while.

Good luck with yours grin

MUCH better second time smile
Best of luck for Tues...
My second was so much better because it was elective whereas my first was an emergency. I was sore for about a week only.
thanx everyone that makes me feel much better... i guess ill find out soon for myself anyway tomorrow is the big day...with my first i actually recovered pretty quick but it was painful as i wasnt given any pain medicine to take home this time i will be asking for some.

Sign in to follow this topic