Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Burning sensation in C-Section scar 9 weeks post op?

Burning sensation in C-Section scar 9 weeks post op? Lock Rss

Hoping for some advice... I seem to have a largish lump right around my c-section scar, and am finding when I walk that I have a burning sensation on the left of my scar.

The c-section was 9 weeks ago.

I have tried massaging the area in circular motions as I thought it might be scar tissue forming and google told me that circular massage is supposed to help break up the fibres of the scar tissue, but so far it hasn't.

It gets so bad that I do not want to move off the couch, and the only way it can be relieved is by sleeping...!!!

Hubby said I might have an infection under the skin and I should go to the doc to get it checked out - thing is my doc isn't in until tomorrow so I will need to wait until then at the earliest...

Any advice appreciated smile Thanks in advance...
Try get into the Dr that did the c-section as soon as possible. Ring the clinic and see what they say. They might just get you to come in and have the nurse look at it. I had a few problems with my c-section scar after my last baby and that's what I did. I've had 3 c-sections. With the first something didn't feel right around the scar and I didn't do anything about it. Then when I got pregnant with my second baby, for most of the pregnancy the scar caused heaps of discomfort. When they opened me up to have 2nd bub, the Dr said it was a real mess in there and he had to do a clean up job. It could be a number of things, scar tissue, infection or haematoma (blood accumulation under scar). Better to suss it out and find you were right and massage is the best treatment, than leave it and it cause problems down the line:)
It is really driving me nuts, mainly when I move...
the rest of the time it's not too bad...

but after going for a walk today, it is killing me... I don't know if the massage is helping or aggravating it...

urgh...

I am under a bit of stress at the moment too, so not sure if that would be impacting it... or not...
As PP said, seek medical advice...

First I would contact the Dr who did it, and if I could not get in then would go to GP. Last but not least I would contact midwife if not able to see Dr, in the hope she would be able to call and fast track me...if she thought it was warranted.
Sign in to follow this topic