Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Hoping for a VBAC Lock Rss

Hi All,

I am new to this site, and was hoping to get some feedback from those who have had similar experiences to me.

I am currently 33 weeks pregnant with my third son. First was induced 10 days late, and arrived vaginally with the help of vacuum extraction. Second was breech and delivered by c-section. I am hoping for a VBAC this time around, however there are a couple of things that could affect my suitability.

Both previous boys have been large (4kg & 4.5kg)and my last son was born only 15 months ago. The fact that I've already delivered vaginally is working in my favour, however I am scared of having to go through the recovery of a c-section again, especially with 3 children all under the age of four! Also, after my c-section I don't think I gave my body the chance to heal properly and was left with a fairly large pot belly, which I really want to avoid this time around.

I'm having an ultrasound at 36 weeks to try and determine how big this one will be, and Dr's (and I) will decide then which route we should take.

Any advice/comments would be appreciated.
My story is pretty much the same as yours.

I was induced with my first and my second was breech so like you I had a c-section. My third was meant to be another c-section (by choice) but ended up being a home birth. I actually had a faster recovery from my c-section than vaginal delivery.

My eldest was three and a half when No. 3 was born so like you will, I had three under four.

Although our first two were pretty much right on average weight for their gender so around 3.5 kg Therefor size was not an issue for me.

There was also a 2yr gap between no. 2(caesar) and no.3 (VBAC)

It's hard because I have heard so many people's stories that they were meant to have a large or small baby and this was not the case. Looking at the size of your other two babies chances are that it will be quite big.

Good luck

Sign in to follow this topic