Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Second child, will they do a c-section

Second child, will they do a c-section Lock Rss

I have just had my first child and had to have an emergancy c-section...

If i have a second child (partner and i have talked about it), Will they do another c-section? Does a natural birth cause too many hassles after a c-section

Thanks
you have barely had your first! no offence but just try to enjoy him, dont worry about the next just yet.

i am pregnant with my first so never been in the position but from what i know if depends on the circumstances. i know of lots of ladies who have had successful vaginal birth after ceaser (VBAC). i think they monitor you more closely etc etc. depends on why you ended up having the ceaser too.

anyway, try to relax and just enjoy baby travis. he is but a few days old!
You should be able to attempt a VBAC if there are no pregnancy complications. You should be monitored you through your labour to check everything is fine.

Mum to 3 gorgeous cheeky kids.

Good on you for asking! Emergency c-sections can be very traumatic. I hope you don't mind but I have PM'd you a link that I think can help with your research on VBAC. Don't hesitate to seek counseling if you feel you need it, it may help to keep Post Natal Depression at bay. Best wishes!
Did i miss the birth announcement? name weight and date please

Did i miss the birth announcement? name weight and date please

she put it in the 'did my waters break' thread in the your pregnancy section smile
It does depend on how the cut was made and heals etc. Talk about it at your 6 week checkup (write a list of all your questions to ask the doctor), and do some research about your options when the time comes.

But for now, just enjoy your little boy! Congratulations xo
Am going through this right now....

It depends upon where the internal cut was....and no complications during pregnancy.

If all is good, then it comes down to what you are most comfortable with.

You will not be able to be induced, so if bubs does not arrive instead of being induced you will be offered to wait a little longer (as long as no complications) or a CS.

If labour commences but does not progress, you will be assessed accordingly.

I am now past my due date and am hoping that a VBAC is possible....so if no baby soon I will be having a CS as have developed complications.

I have friends who have had a CS and then VBAC with no problems.
Like bub12 said they will look back over your notes from your previous c-section and assess weather they think it's ok. When they're closing you up after a c-section they do a condition report of the uterus and everything as they are closing up.

I had an elective c-section with my first due to him being breech. I was determined to have a VBAC with my second. I went 10days over. I went into natural labor. But after hours of being in labor it just didn't progress past 5cm dilation and I had to have an emergency c-section. But I have heard many stories over the years of ladies having successful VBAC.

I say too, relax an enjoy your first bubba because they grow up so fast. When you are pregnant again or start to TTC, then do some research and ask plenty of question of the Dr who you will be going through you pregnancy with. Only you will know what you can handle. You will be fine whatever you chose:)

Can I ask you, why do you think that you cannot be induced after a c-section? I have a friend who had a VBAC, and she was induced on this occassion.

I tried for a VBAC with my second baby. They won't induce you because it brings on the labor and birth to fast. There is a high risk of the scar tissue from the previous c-section will rupture. Different Drs and Hospitals must have different policies on this. But as far as I know this is the norm that they won't induce you.

Can I ask you, why do you think that you cannot be induced after a c-section? I have a friend who had a VBAC, and she was induced on this occassion.

I am going through this now too, they told me that I couldn't be induced either because of the risk of rupture to the scar...
Thanks everyone.
I was just really wondering, I wasnt sure what would happen,
It was a tiny bit scary when i had the emergancy c-section and im not sure if i would want to go though it again.. Thats all... Thanks everyone

oh and
his name is Travis Keith Switzer
born 4/5/11 at 12.23am
weigh 3.34kg
Sign in to follow this topic