Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Do you consider a c-section "giving birth"

Do you consider a c-section "giving birth" Lock Rss

The definition of BIRTH is as stated. Someone else gave the same definition in the Pink thread. However that still does not define "giving birth". Because that is the question. If someone cut your baby out of you, did you actually GIVE your child birth or did someone else? A c-section is of course still a birth, but I think the more specific question is whether it was "giving birth" or just a type of birth.

Are you saying that my OB gave birth to my son lol smile
I think this was in response to my reply in the Pink thread. I don't consider c/s to be "giving birth" personally. A c/s is passive, the term "giving birth" implies some action. It doesn't matter what the dictionary definition is. Windmill summed it up perfectly....

The definition of BIRTH is as stated. Someone else gave the same definition in the Pink thread. However that still does not define "giving birth". Because that is the question. If someone cut your baby out of you, did you actually GIVE your child birth or did someone else? A c-section is of course still a birth, but I think the more specific question is whether it was "giving birth" or just a type of birth.

Also, I don't think that trying to define giving birth is an attempt to undermine women who did not have a natural birth.

^^ absolutely!! Everyone has their own feeling on this and it shouldn't make any difference to how an individual woman feels about their own "births" however that may have occurred.
Lots of "action" during the "birth" of my twins.
I could have made a bit of money in ticket sales for that event.
Action packed.
Sign in to follow this topic