Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Loosing weight after CS Lock Rss

Hi I'm wondering if any of you have successfully lost weight after you CS? Or are trying to loose that 'mothers apron' lol

I've never been slim - but never hated my body. My boobs were always bigger then my tummy. Then I had an emergency CS and 6 months down the track, I'm quite over weight and my tummy is bigger then my boobs. I just feel so self conscious. I'm so unhappy with my body shape and how much it's changed. I've started to eat better and have smaller portion sizes. I'm also trying to get out and exercise. But it's hard with the cold weather to get motivated. But i know it needs to be done.
I should probably add that I want to loose 18kg (I want to get down to 99kg). Also, a few months ago a lady asked when my baby was due! I was like - WHAT? I have a 3 month old baby in buggy and you ask me when the next one is due? (she asked my DD's age, so she presumed I had my DD and quickly got pregnant and was showing already?!?!?!?!) That annoyed and me upset me. I'm not wearing that dress again until I loose weight haha

I should probably add that I want to loose 18kg (I want to get down to 99kg). Also, a few months ago a lady asked when my baby was due! I was like - WHAT? I have a 3 month old baby in buggy and you ask me when the next one is due? (she asked my DD's age, so she presumed I had my DD and quickly got pregnant and was showing already?!?!?!?!) That annoyed and me upset me. I'm not wearing that dress again until I loose weight haha

after 1 CS and 2 natural births I have gone on weight watchers. I am usually around 60 kgs and here I am at 15 weeks and 75kg already. If I even think I'm pregnant I gain weight. I' know that after a couple of months of having this baby I'lll need to lose the 20kg or so left to lose.
Anyway completely off track there...I have ALWAYS lost the weight doing weight watchers. I lose anywhere between 500gms and 1 kg a week. I recommend it to anyone. You get used to weighing your portions pretty quickly and everyone in the house can eat the same foods because you can still cook all the favourites, just portioned smaller.
If you've got 18 kgs I'd say you'd prob lose it in approx 6 months and because it's a healthy weekly weight loss you'll find it stays off.
Good luck, It is so hard when you aren't happy with yourself. I've already had a couple of meltdowna because of how different I look already. It will get better though grin
Hi!
I gained 25kg when pregnant and after my CS I just did walking from when DS was 4 weeks to when he was 8 weeks then I started the 'Tracy Anderson Method presents the Post-Pregnancy Workout'...it's magic. I'm in better shape now then before I fell pregnant pretty much tone wise I still go up and down in the realms of wanting to lose another 4-5kg.
Also b/feeding has stripped the weight off me. Good luck. Don't obsess too much about it though, when you looking at yourself everyday it's easy to get bogged down. smile

I'm also trying to get out and exercise. But it's hard with the cold weather to get motivated. But i know it needs to be done.

Its never easy I had two CS for both boys and its hard to get back and motivate yourself. Finally after trying sureslim & weight watchers and neither worked for me. I signed up for a 'boot camp' type programme. Its fantastic, its moderated so you start off slow and build up intensity and already six weeks in dropped 8kg and feeling heaps better. A combo of exercise and eating is really the only way.

Find a friend and walk together that was the hardest part feeling like I was doing it on my own.

Other thing I did was I have a iphone and I downloaded an exercise app which showed me how far I was walking/pace and calories burnt. Really excellent motivator.
I have a friend who had a c-section and the weight just fell off her afterwards while she was breastfeeding. I on the other hand had a normal delivery and am still breastfeeding but my weight just will not shift! I think some people are just fortunate enough to be able to lose their weight easily (when breastfeeding and other things) and others aren't! Sure wish I was one of the lucky ones though!! smile
Thanks for that guys.

I did weight watchers once jess@nz and it was great! Lost over 10kg in 13 weeks. But that was 4 years ago and we simply can't afford it now sad My husband is studying and I'm a SAHM - So no chance. I have a friend who does it without the classes, she just follows the simple points plan. Have you heard it's changed quite a bit though?

That's a good idea Kirsten_Jury - will try find a friend to walk with!

I had a thought and might ask my MIL to look after my DD once a week for an hour so I can go swimming. I don't think she would mind.

Does your tummy ever go back to normal after a CS? I hate that's it's like a flap (sorry eww I know), but will it go back to normal?
[quote name='L&K' date='10 June 2011 - 10:54 AM' timestamp='1307663665' post='3004475'] Thanks for that guys. I did weight watchers once jess@nz and it was great! Lost over 10kg in 13 weeks. But that was 4 years ago and we simply can't afford it now sad My husband is studying and I'm a SAHM - So no chance. I have a friend who does it without the classes, she just follows the simple points plan. Have you heard it's changed quite a bit though? Yeah it has changed quite a bit but the old points work so if you can get a hold of books then would give it a go still. Weight loss is painful but it's amazing how once ya start you can't stop
Thanks jess@nz, will start having a look around smile
I found after my first c-section that with breast feeding and walking that at about 5-6mths the weight started to drop off me. Swimming is a great way to get fit, I'm going to give it a try soon too. I've had 3 c-section and with each it has become harder and harder to lose the weight. I totally relate to the tummy being bigger than your boobs bit, that's where I'm at now. I hate most of my cloths because they don't hide it well enough. They say that it takes 9-12mths for the body to fully recover from a pregnancy, so don't put too much pressure on yourself to get the weight off. Make sure if you do any water exercise or swimming that it's only light exercise at first, because you don't want to over do it and hurt yourself. Walking is great and walking with a friend makes the time go so quick. A friend of mine who has physical disabilities said that if you cann't get outside because it's too cold, go to you local shopping centre or supermarket and walk up and down each isle even if you don't need anything. Reducing portion size is a great way to lose weight. A chick I know said she lost heaps of weight when she first moved here because she only had kids size plates to eat off. So she served up enough to fill a kids plate and stopped herself from snacking.

Good luck with the weight loss and be kind to yourself:)

Thanks for that guys.

I did weight watchers once jess@nz and it was great! Lost over 10kg in 13 weeks. But that was 4 years ago and we simply can't afford it now sad My husband is studying and I'm a SAHM - So no chance. I have a friend who does it without the classes, she just follows the simple points plan. Have you heard it's changed quite a bit though?

That's a good idea Kirsten_Jury - will try find a friend to walk with!

I had a thought and might ask my MIL to look after my DD once a week for an hour so I can go swimming. I don't think she would mind.

Does your tummy ever go back to normal after a CS? I hate that's it's like a flap (sorry eww I know), but will it go back to normal?
Hi there, I'm the same its been 5 weeks since I had my CS and I still look like I'm three months pregnant with the ugly 'overhang' bit, I've read about different toning exercises you can do to fix it and have been told you have to get onto it early but no improvement as yet which is frustrating as I am eating healthy and getting out for walks when I can. Does anyone have any tips for toning up??

Also I am still very tender in my lower abdominal area after 5 weeks is this normal? its sore to press and I still get pinching and shooting pains from time to time. Going back to obstetrician next week but wonder if this is normal?
Sign in to follow this topic