Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Loosing weight after CS Lock Rss

I found after my first c-section that with breast feeding and walking that at about 5-6mths the weight started to drop off me. Swimming is a great way to get fit, I'm going to give it a try soon too. I've had 3 c-section and with each it has become harder and harder to lose the weight. I totally relate to the tummy being bigger than your boobs bit, that's where I'm at now. I hate most of my cloths because they don't hide it well enough. They say that it takes 9-12mths for the body to fully recover from a pregnancy, so don't put too much pressure on yourself to get the weight off. Make sure if you do any water exercise or swimming that it's only light exercise at first, because you don't want to over do it and hurt yourself. Walking is great and walking with a friend makes the time go so quick. A friend of mine who has physical disabilities said that if you cann't get outside because it's too cold, go to you local shopping centre or supermarket and walk up and down each isle even if you don't need anything. Reducing portion size is a great way to lose weight. A chick I know said she lost heaps of weight when she first moved here because she only had kids size plates to eat off. So she served up enough to fill a kids plate and stopped herself from snacking.

Good luck with the weight loss and be kind to yourself:)

Thanks so much for that. Will be starting my zumba class, so looking forward to that. And will start walking around the mall more haha! We are only 20 minutes walk to our mall - so nice and close to walk there.

Hi there, I'm the same its been 5 weeks since I had my CS and I still look like I'm three months pregnant with the ugly 'overhang' bit, I've read about different toning exercises you can do to fix it and have been told you have to get onto it early but no improvement as yet which is frustrating as I am eating healthy and getting out for walks when I can. Does anyone have any tips for toning up??

Also I am still very tender in my lower abdominal area after 5 weeks is this normal? its sore to press and I still get pinching and shooting pains from time to time. Going back to obstetrician next week but wonder if this is normal?

I think even this early on it can be a bit tender. Mine was too. But it shouldn't be painful I don't think. Maybe go to your GP?

Hi there, I'm the same its been 5 weeks since I had my CS and I still look like I'm three months pregnant with the ugly 'overhang' bit, I've read about different toning exercises you can do to fix it and have been told you have to get onto it early but no improvement as yet which is frustrating as I am eating healthy and getting out for walks when I can. Does anyone have any tips for toning up??

Also I am still very tender in my lower abdominal area after 5 weeks is this normal? its sore to press and I still get pinching and shooting pains from time to time. Going back to obstetrician next week but wonder if this is normal?

You really shouldn't be doing any toning exercises at the moment - you've had major abdominal surgery. They recommend starting gentle exercise (e.g. walking) from 6 weeks but nothing strenuous for 3 months. Not only because you've had major surgery - but you also still have relaxin in your body (stuff which made your joints loose) which means you're more likely to get injured.
Just eat healthy. You've only just had a baby - enjoy this time and don't stress about that "overhang" bit. That "overhang" bit is actually loose skin and takes a bit of time to shrink - the only thing which could shrink it quicker would be a tummy tuck tongue exercise won't help.
It is normal to be still tender after 5 weeks after all you've had MAJOR ABDOMINAL SURGERY.
May I suggest getting yourself some very supportive 'granny' undies??? You need to get the ones with the built in support panels, unfortunately they are expensive. You can get them at lingerie shops and target (not looked anywhere else).

I find these help considerably with shrinking your tummy (uterus) and giving you support (giving your weakened abdominal muscles the support they need).

I have just had my second CS and wear the granny undies during the day and normal ones at night. I hate them, but they work!!! A midwife put me on to them. I buy a size larger than normal at the beginning...

Although I have not tried them, apparently a baby belt (?correct name) can be helpful for the same thing....

Hope this helps you...good luck

Does your tummy ever go back to normal after a CS? I hate that's it's like a flap (sorry eww I know), but will it go back to normal?

I've been told that it will never be the same as it was pre-pregnancy. There are a lot of women out there who slim down to skin and bone after their first CS but as you get older and have subsequent CS it gets harder and takes longer. I've had two CS and am due for my last at the end of July. Realistically, I know it won't matter how much I exercise or how strict I keep to my diet, the excess rolls are not going to go anywhere unless I have them surgically removed.

But if you get yourself fit and as slimmed down as possible, you'll be a perfect candidate to have the flab removed. I saw (on TV) a lady who still had flab after exercising for a year after her baby's birth. She went under the knife and you'd think it impossible, but she actually had some really firm abs underneath all the wobble.

Angel 2002; Keira-Caitlyn 15/01/07; Callum 27/02/09; Seth 29/06/2011

Sign in to follow this topic