Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

slightly silly question Lock Rss

i know this seems like a bit of a silly question but i am booked for my elective c-section in a few weeks and i am not sure what to wear to the hospital. The hospital is an hour and a half drive from my house and i have to be there at 7 am so obviously i'm not going to be stopping to go in any shops or anyhting like that, so should i wear my pj's or should i wear some comfy clothes, as far as i know my actual op isnt until 9 am so i'm thinking i'll be sitting in a hospital rm for a couple hours with drips and what not.
I wore casual clothes on the day of mine and then changed into the hospital gown. they didnt actually put any drips etc in until i was in theatre but the anethetist did come in and have a chat before i went in and the midwife did all the last minute paper work checks and made sure that my beautician had waxed far enough down IYKWIM!
When I had mine I just wore comfy clothes like trackpants and a top. I also had to be there at 7am both times and found that after I arrived at the hospital time went really quickly. They got me to change into my gown soon after they took me to my room, fitted me for stockings, checked bibs heart beat and my vital signs etc. There is also paper work to be filled out. My drip was inserted down in the waiting bay before I went into the theatre and the Anaesthetist also got me to sit up while he put the spinal anaesthetic into my back before we went in. So to answer your question just wear some comfy clothes, you most likely won't be have to be in them for too long once you get there, maybe you could also wear them when you go home smile
I would wear trackies too. I actually had a pair of PJ bottoms that were stretchy and comfy but were light grey and didn't look too much like PJ's (i.e. no cute patterns on ha ha). Good luck!

thanks for the advise guys, it's funny coz DS was an emergancy c-section and i was ok with it but this time i am absolutly freaking out about having the op, like really really scared, not sure why but got no choice
Thanks for posting this question Sharni! I'm in the same boat - Emergency last time, elective this time - and I have no idea how they do it when they haven't had you hooked up to drips and an epidural in long before the operation! I've tried not to think about it because I don't want to be a bundle of nerves for the next 14 weeks...
I've had two elective c-sections and one emergency. With my experiences the elective was less stressful and you're not tired from labour. If when you get into hospital and you have really nice staff, let them know you're a little bit nervous. They won't think you're silly and will take you through what to expect. You will be fine. I was scared with my last one even know I'd had 2 others. No matter which way you look at it it's a big abdominal surgery, it would scar the hell out of anyone. But just remember the difference with this abdominal surgery is you get a precious gift afterward:)

Hope it all goes well:)
I've had two elective c-sections and one emergency. With my experiences the elective was less stressful and you're not tired from labour. If when you get into hospital and you have really nice staff, let them know you're a little bit nervous. They won't think you're silly and will take you through what to expect. You will be fine. I was scared with my last one even know I'd had 2 others. No matter which way you look at it it's a big abdominal surgery, it would scar the hell out of anyone. But just remember the difference with this abdominal surgery is you get a precious gift afterward:)

Hope it all goes well:)
thanks guys but i wound up being admited to hospital early and having my DD 5 wks sooner than she was expected but all is good and we have just come home today, btw i just turne up to the hospital in clothes i wore to the antenatal apt becasue i wasn't allowed to go home and change,
caitlin marie smile
Sign in to follow this topic