Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

nervous about csection Lock Rss

im now 39 weeks with my 1st and baby decides to flip around and is now in breech. my dr said its abit too late to try and turn bub around.

i originally was planning on a natural birth with my first just for the whole experience. and now im having a csection done next week.

i know its so normal these days to have it done. but for some reason i feel so nervous. and i really dont want to go through with it. im so upset that im not able to have a natural birth. but its the only way unless bub turns around naturally.

i was wondering if any other mums had this same feeling? or any kind of feedback u can give me?
I had an emergency c-section with my first after a very difficult labour and I was very disappointed that I didn't have a vaginal birth but in the end you have to do what is best for you and bubs. With my 2nd I had an elective c-section as there was too much risk to try a VBAC and I was petrified even though I had already had a c-section, so it is perfectly normal to have those feelings. We all have it in our minds the perfect way everything should be done but you just have to trust your ob that they know what is best for you and bubs.
Goodluck with it all and just remember to focus on the end result of a beautiful bubby.
thanks for the reply! =)

i do feel excited to meet bub.. cant wait!
i guess cos bub turned around last minute that i got abit upset. owells! as long as bubs healthy il be happy and wont worry too much after.
If babe has turned once in late pregnancy there's no reason to think it won't again. I've heard of breech turning during labour too smile And if that doesn't happen you can birth a breech naturally too.
i do feel less nervous about next week..
i think im actually getting more excited! smile

thanks for the replies!
My bub was breech @ 38 weeks, and after an unsuccessful attempt at turning I was booked for ceasar. I was in my gown and everything on the day of, they did one last scan before taking me to theatre, and bub had turned, so I was sent home. Although I wanted & planned for natural birth since start of my pregnancy I was expecting to have my baby that day by c-section and being sent home was emotionally draining for us. I was told to wait, and after going 12 over my due date I went into labour naturally. After a long period and non progressive labour (bub was sitting up way too high and didn't engage at all given he was breech the entire pregnancy) I ended up with ceasar. I found the experience amazing, and the recovery quite quick. We had a couple of follow up checks for him as being breech can sometimes hinder hip/joint development, 8 months on bub is very healthy & happy and I recovered quickly. I was confident going into theater knowing c-sections are performed regularly. Enjoy the last few days with bub, strangely you almost miss the pregnant belly!!!

im now 39 weeks with my 1st and baby decides to flip around and is now in breech. my dr said its abit too late to try and turn bub around.

i originally was planning on a natural birth with my first just for the whole experience. and now im having a csection done next week.

i know its so normal these days to have it done. but for some reason i feel so nervous. and i really dont want to go through with it. im so upset that im not able to have a natural birth. but its the only way unless bub turns around naturally.

i was wondering if any other mums had this same feeling? or any kind of feedback u can give me?

Hi
I had an unplanned csection after 30 hours of labour. This is my first baby and I never thought I would ever have one and was all for a natural birth, but the baby was in fetal heart distress so it was the best thing for us. The whole caesar experience was still truly amazing and beautiful. Both me and my husband were really calm and the moment our little girl came out I will never forget. What was also extra special is that we have over an hour of skin to skin contact were she suckled the whole time. I would highly recommend that you request to do this.
Good luck with it, try not to be scared or nervous it is truly an amazing experience.
Hi, my little man turned at 37 weeks, I was really disappointed, like you, I wanted a 'natural' birth. He's now almost 3, and looking back I wouldnt have done it any other way. I think I am lucky to have a happy healthy boy and although it was stressful at the time, it makes no difference now. I intend to book in for Csection for any subsequent bubs.

My partner said "there's nothing 'natural' about squeezing a child through that small space!" He was pleased he could be present for the birth (instead of at work or something), and involved himself in my recovery.

All the best
You shouldn't feel bad because you need a c-section! You have carried your beautiful baby for 9 months and that's the most important thing. As long as they arrive safe and sound, that's the main thing. And an added bonus - Your lady-bits stay intact!! smile

I had an induction and emergency c-section after 10 hours due to fetal distress. The whole operation was really good. I couldn't feel any pain, but the best way I can think to describe it is that I was like a giant handbag that someone was rumaging around in. Bub was already in the birth canal though, so I'm expecting my elective to be a little more gentle.

Good luck! It's an amazing experience!
thanks for all ur thoughts and personal stories.
judging by everyones experiences, csections arent as bad as i thought.
it puts my mind to ease. smile
Hope bubs does another flip for you. I've had three c-sections and the breech birth was easiest out all of them. You will be fine and it is totally normal to be a little nervous of the unknown, I know I was:) Let us know how you go:)
Hi,
I have had 3 c-sections now. My first was an emergency after a horrendous labour, and by that stage I was actually relieved as I knew that it would be the only/ best way for my bub to arrive safely. Afterwards it took me a while to adjust mentally, as like you I was hoping for a natural birth. However, I had my beautiful son, and as time went by I came to realise just because his birth hadn't followed my birth plan didn't make it any less of a special experience.
My second c-section was planned as I didn't want to recreate the first situation (30 hrs of labour, plus baby in foetal distress) and my 3rd was also planned however it turned out I had placenta previa so would have had to deliver via c-section anyway. For both the electives my body recovered quicker, as there wasn't the added stress that labour puts on your body, which is a bonus!
I now have 3 beautiful healthy children who all have their own special birth story smile
I think the fear of surgery can be a bit overwhelming, and while I know everyone recovers differently, it was not as bad as I was expecting. As someone else has mentioned, you can still have your baby placed on your chest for skin-to-skin contact almost straught away, and I was breastfeeding within the first hour.

Good luck to you, whichever way it works out, and just think soon you will meet your beautiful baby. smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Sign in to follow this topic