Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Caesarean with complete PP & anterior placenta

Caesarean with complete PP & anterior placenta Lock Rss

hi ladies
just wondering if there are any of you out there who have had a c-section with an anterior placenta previa.
Bit freightened about blood loss etc.
i have been told that my placenta previa will not move out of the way as its the worst type.
and at approx how may weeks would they perform it? 37?
thanks
smile

hi ladies
just wondering if there are any of you out there who have had a c-section with an anterior placenta previa.
i have been told that my placenta previa will not move out of the way as its the worst type.
thanks
smile

hi there,
I had a similar situation, but not complete placenta previa, mine was right on the edge of my cervix, and anterior attachment. I had a couple of extra scans late in my pregnancy (approx 34 and 38 weeks) with no movement of the placenta.
I was worried about bleeding but made it through with no bleeds, however slightly different situation to you. I found my imagination tended to work overtime wondering 'what if' but ultimately everything was fine.
My beautiful, healthy girl was delivered via c-section at 38+5

Good luck to you and if you have any questions let me know.
Michelle
smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

hi ladies
thanks
smile

Hi I had an anterior+ complete previa (grade 4)+ placenta percreta;and bubs was transverse breach!!! worst senario for pregnancy and the birth. However we made it threw pregnancy without any major bleeds and c-section ;vertical incision was planned for 34wks (this was due more because of percreta tho) massive blood loss was expected and many different scenarios of what could happen during the sugery, but on the day I only lost approx 500ml. Hope all goes well
Hi there. I had what is known as a vasa previa. Very rare condition which wasn't picked up throughout pregnancy. In many cases it ends in devastating results. You can read about it at http://www.nathanparis.com/. There were a few things I was anxious about through my pregnancy, especially with 2 nephews being special needs. My placenta also stopped working at about 36 weeks which made things even more stressful as you can imagine as our baby was already on the small side and this resulted in it stopping growing.

I voiced my concerns and anxieties to our obstetrician who was absolutely brilliant. She listened to what I had to say, took everything into consideration and suggested was open to performing a c-section. It was the best decision ever made. All I can say is follow your instincts. I felt something wasn't quite right, but I didn't know how bad it was. I lost according to the paperwork I have, 500ml during the c-section. This is about normal I understand. Our obstetrician is one of the best in the country we understand so that helped.

They performed the c-section at 38 weeks. Had the scans picked up the issue with the placenta it would have been done at 35 weeks. We have a beautiful healthy baby boy. The c-section procedure and operation was seamless. The worst part was the local anesthetic in your back and that was minor. A tiny prick if that. Our obstetrician lowered the curtain after they got his head out so that I could use my tummy muscles to push our baby out and watch him pop out. It meant you still felt completely involved in the delivery and was magical to see him arrive. He was born 3 weeks ago and is just a delight.
Sign in to follow this topic