Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Bleeding after ceasearen? Lock Rss

People have been suggesting I stock up on maternity pads for after LO is born, but if I have a ceasarean will I still bleed? Or does the doctor kind of clean everything up while they're in there? Hope this isn't a silly Q! roll eyes
Not daft - i get where you are coming from!!

I had bleeding for about 3/4 weeks after my c/s - but nowhere near as much or as heavy as with a vaginal. The first couple of days were pretty similar as a vag birth, but after that, much less.

Good luck with the impending!!

Not daft - i get where you are coming from!!

I had bleeding for about 3/4 weeks after my c/s - but nowhere near as much or as heavy as with a vaginal. The first couple of days were pretty similar as a vag birth, but after that, much less.

Good luck with the impending!!

Oh phew - thank you! I figured there must still be some stuff to come away, but wasn't sure whether the Dr. would get out the heavy duty vaccuum heh heh
LOL - i think they do
I spotted for 2 days after my c/s. Period returned
as normal 4 weeks to the day afterwards.

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/dh24m7.png

I have no insight into this but just wanted to say I'm so glad you started this topic as I was wondering the same thing!!! lol
Up until a few days ago I was wondering this, then I started asking it to my friends who have had c/s 's, and apparently yes, you do ... so don't feel silly, I didn't know either!!! smile

I have had 3 c-sections, and all three have been like this.
Heavyish over the first few days then light for a few weeks.

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

My sister had a c section about 4 weeks ago and she said she was still bleeding. But i dont think it was heavy..

Good luck!!
I've had 2 c-sections now and bleed for about 5 weeks with both. Very heavy for the first week, heavy for the second and then it carried on getting less and less till it stopped. I found my second wound took a lot longer to heal than the first. There was a end that was still unhealed after 9 months and 3 different rounds of antibiotics. I'm having my 3rd in February and it will again be a c-section, by choice this time.
From what I have been told this is how things work....

The placenta is attached to your womb, so when it comes away wether it is through a VB or a C-section then there is a wound that heals over a few weeks.

This is why you bleed after a c-section too smile

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Ahh you guys are awesome. Thanks!
Sign in to follow this topic