Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Help pregnant only 4 months after having my DD!!!

Help pregnant only 4 months after having my DD!!! Lock Rss

Hi just wondering if anyone else is in the same position I have a 2year old DS and a 4 month old DD both by c-section and just found out I am now pregnant again!! A bit scary can I have another baby so quickly after a c-section and how am I going to cope!! Would love some advice or similar stories for reasurrance!! lol
you are me about 9 years ago!Our eldest son was 20months and ds2 was 4months when I fell pregnant with ds3( kind of planned but did not think it would happen so quickly).We already had 2 cots, 2 high chairs and tandem pram.When ds3 was born the 2 older kids were almost 3, and 13 months, still babies themselves.To be honest,I dont remember how we did it all but it was a production line lol.To make matters harder,I was hospitalised for 3 months when ds3 was 4 months old due to a lifethreatening medical condition.So the early days are a bit of blur but we did have a routine but also was flexible with it.Take it a day at a time,try to have some foods ready in the freezer for dinners.Sorry,I can't think at the moment- school aged kids are harder to deal with in the mornings than babies lol!You will be fine, as there is no other option.I actually had 3 c sections and my ob said that is was ok to try again after the 6 week check up as by then everything is healed.However, he was surprised to see me back after 4 months lol!Best of luck.I will try to think more later when the kids are at school and its a bit quieter here !welcome to my world!! wink

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi there!
Congrats on no.3 grin I am in the same position at the moment. DS1 is 3yrs and 4 months, DS2 is 13months old and i am due in 8weeks with another DS grin
I dont have much advice about after baby is born yet but everyone is telling me to have easy dinners in the freezer and accept all the help that is offered.
Would love to hear others advice to you smile

I guess i am holding on to the fact that we all learn to cope and every baby is another blessing, even if it is a little early tongue

Best of luck to you
My first two are 15 months apart and I didn't have any issues at all. Sure you have your hard days but I found it no worse than my bad days with only one. DD1 was not jealous at all and if anything I think it actually would have been easier if they were closer in age. It was kind of good that I didn't get out of the routine of changing nappies and DS just kind of gradually blended into doing the same things that DD1 was doing and eating!

I love that they are so close in age and even though they are the opposite sex they play together so well.

Now!!!

Your situation!!!

Having another child is totally a different story! Not sure I can give you any advice there. I have another DD but she is younger. She is a very demanding baby and has been since day one. Give me my two eldest as babies to look after rather than one of her! She's lucky we love her so much or we may have given her away by now!

I'm sure you'll deal with it, you just take each day as it comes. It sounds scary now but in sure you'll all adjust!

Hi just wondering if anyone else is in the same position I have a 2year old DS and a 4 month old DD both by c-section and just found out I am now pregnant again!! A bit scary can I have another baby so quickly after a c-section and how am I going to cope!! Would love some advice or similar stories for reasurrance!! lol

hi i had the same thing happen to me. i brought home my new baby and 4 months later i was pregnant again with my second. i also had 2 caesrs. it will be hard at the start bc u have 2 babies but trust me it gets better. i also had a 3rd via caesar 4 years later so my kids ages are 5, 4 and 4months. i hope that helps dont be scared u will recover however dont try to do everything yourself ask for help

Hi missymoo_moo, funny thats what i call my daughter, who just turned 1! I am due again in November so they will be around 14 months apart. I didn't have a c-section but did have some complications during and after my daughters birth. Didn't turn me off going back again so soon, it was the plan. I am very happy i will have 2 daughters close in age, and i hope they will be great friends too! Apart from getting bigger sooner, and being a bit sorer, I don't regret it at all. You get different opinions from people, but i'm trying not to listen to them, and enjoy my last pregnancy! Best of luck

you are me about 9 years ago!Our eldest son was 20months and ds2 was 4months when I fell pregnant with ds3( kind of planned but did not think it would happen so quickly).We already had 2 cots, 2 high chairs and tandem pram.When ds3 was born the 2 older kids were almost 3, and 13 months, still babies themselves.To be honest,I dont remember how we did it all but it was a production line lol.To make matters harder,I was hospitalised for 3 months when ds3 was 4 months old due to a lifethreatening medical condition.So the early days are a bit of blur but we did have a routine but also was flexible with it.Take it a day at a time,try to have some foods ready in the freezer for dinners.Sorry,I can't think at the moment- school aged kids are harder to deal with in the mornings than babies lol!You will be fine, as there is no other option.I actually had 3 c sections and my ob said that is was ok to try again after the 6 week check up as by then everything is healed.However, he was surprised to see me back after 4 months lol!Best of luck.I will try to think more later when the kids are at school and its a bit quieter here !welcome to my world!! wink
Thanks everyone was feeling a little alone on this new adventure I am about to take! I am actually a little scared to go see my ob so quickly after having the other! lol I am sure it will all fall in too place!
wow i thought i was the only one with so many babies. i have a son whos 2 yrs old and have twins aged 4 mths.it was such a shock when i found out never thought i would be a mum of three all under three no one told me of the chance of having twins so it was a real suprise.
ive found that so many other ppl critisize me for being 23 with three kids and thats the most that upsets you. my partner works away and i manage them fine as long as i dont get caught up with the small things like what ppl think and how they say oh shouldnt they be doing this or that.it all kinda falls into place (this may not give you too much reasurance) but it does you go about your day furfilling there needs as they get older as i am experiencing myself they actually get alot better and start to need one another more than you my 4mth olds just sit and stauir at my son and he is infatuated with them.
all i can say is go with the flow and dont have too much pressure on yourself.
ive found my self at end of day actually smiling and giggling to myself about how funny they all were during the day. it is hard work but it does get better i wont say each day but each week it does.

goodluck and congrats

Thanks everyone i am going to the doctors tommorrow to make it official! smile Just very curious to see when my due date is wether it will be before or after my DD first birthday! :rol
Sign in to follow this topic