Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Has anyone had their tubes tied while having a c-section?

Has anyone had their tubes tied while having a c-section? Lock Rss

Hi ladies,
I am booked in for my 5th c-section and am getting my tubes tied at the same time, and i am just curious to see if anyone else has had this done and just want to know if the recovery was worse and how long they were in hospital for.
Any advice or knowledge on this topic would be very much appreciated
roll eyes
Hi there, I havent presonally had it done. My friend is having it done over he next couple of weeks while she has her c-sect and she has told me about her friend that had it done and a bit of what to expect when visiting her. Aparently it is a bit more of a recovery and sore this lady had both done at the same time and the main thing noticeable topeople visiting her was apparently the smell. Aparently you can smell the burnt smell for weeks afterwards. She could smell it when visiting her friend but it hasnt put her off having it done herself and on the up side its only temporary and you dont need to worry about contraception anymore smile

Good luck and hope all goes well with your arrival.

Hi ladies,
I am booked in for my 5th c-section and am getting my tubes tied at the same time, and i am just curious to see if anyone else has had this done and just want to know if the recovery was worse and how long they were in hospital for.
Any advice or knowledge on this topic would be very much appreciated
roll eyes

Hi,
I had mine done at the same time as my second c-sec. Recovery was not really any different, same amount of pain for the first 24/48hrs on major pain relief.
I did notice some pains in my side at about 6weeks, but that could have been anything. Periods now however are very heavy and painful, hope that sorts it's self out soon.
Sign in to follow this topic