Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Planned C Section Lock Rss

(i know this may sound selfish) but my doctor is currently away and i am seeing a fill in doc. My normal doc has me booked in for a planned c/s at 39+2weeks but i really want to have the c/s a week early due to many family members leaving to afganistan for 12months on duty the same day as my c/s (all my family will be 6 hours away seeing them off).

how do you discuss this with the doc to see if it is possible to have it a week early.

(i know this may sound selfish) but my doctor is currently away and i am seeing a fill in doc. My normal doc has me booked in for a planned c/s at 39+2weeks but i really want to have the c/s a week early due to many family members leaving to afganistan for 12months on duty the same day as my c/s (all my family will be 6 hours away seeing them off).

how do you discuss this with the doc to see if it is possible to have it a week early.

Hi, I can see why that day is really not going to be ideal for you, its not like you are wanting to not miss a movie or go out for lunch to me it seems like a pretty big thing.

You could try explaining that your support system will not be there as they will be saying goodbye so you feel that emotionally you need to have it a bit earlier so that your family can be there for you.

you may find you go into labour yourself and end up having to have it earlier.

If its what you want you can only but ask, if you dont have any luck with the fill in doctor you could ask if you could see another doctor at the medical centre or talk to the hospital/midwife etc.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for the arrival of your little bubs smile
Sign in to follow this topic