Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Caesarean Births
  5. Natural Birth after Natural birth then C-Section??

Natural Birth after Natural birth then C-Section?? Lock Rss

I am having baby number 3. I am due in 12th July.
For my first baby, I had a completely natural birth. 10 days over due. She was 7lb 8oz and her head circumference was 33.5cm and just fit.
My second baby, I went into labour naturally. 10 days over again. But used every drug, epidural and ended up having an emergency C-section after 14 hours on true labour, because he just did not fit. He didnt even drop. He was 8lb 13oz with a head circumference of 35cm.

Now I have to make a choice. Do I want to elect to have another C-section, or do I see how I got doing it naturally again? Or do I push to be induced around the time I would be having the C-section, because then bub will be smaller so might fit easier.

All in all. I dont want to go through 14 hours of labour onlt to have another C-section when I could of just had a planned one, and feel like I have failed again...

Tamika 23/09/2001, Zavian 09/10/2007

I too have had one natural birth (first born) & a c-section after 15 hours of labour. I completely understand why you wouldnt want to go through that again. Its a horrid experience (was for me anyway) I would try for a VBAC if it was me.

They're unlikely to induce you due to putting extra stress on your scar.

They'll also probably give you an ultrasound later in the pregnancy to check measurements to see if bubs will fit, or bubs is too big.

Lots of women are doing VBAC (vaginal birth after ceasarean) with many successful. Do your research to find out what you're in for & find supportive medical professionals.
Sign in to follow this topic